herecomesaregular

We're in the pipe, 5 by 5
Oct 27, 2008
Still in Brighton

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
I don't think it's reactionary at all, I agree, Mac should be one of the first names on the team sheet (and that's not even based off the Leeds game), he just needs a run of games and to get used to the league. The quality is there and he'll get even better as he gets more comfortable in the team and league (just like Bissouma has). There's actually a good spine in the team (if you forget about a no9!).

Sanchez
Dunk
Biss
Mac
??

Bissouma is the correct comparison

I do think people tend to forget about players ages when we sign them, as opposed to have them come through the academy.

He is young and with that comes inconsistency and some wrong decisions.

Bissouma was handled correctly. In and out of the team for a year or so. My view is that we will see the same with MacAllister for the rest of this season, but i'll be surprised if he's not a regular fixture from the start of next season.

Alexis has done brilliantly in the last couple of games. But those were fairly open matches with space for him to get his head up. Fulham will be a very different game. They will try to play similarly to the match at the Cottage and close off all spaces in the midfield and not leave a ball in behind. The Amex has a larger pitch so this will be harder, but anyway, Aleix has to show that he can adapt to this type of game.

My only other comment is about Alexis is that I think it's likely that the competition for the attacking, playmaker, centre mid place will hot up once Lallana and Alzate prove their fitness. We could also be finding midfield places for Moder and Caicedo this season.

Intense competition is what we need

Doc Lynam

I hate the Daily Mail
Jun 19, 2011
Bissouma is the correct comparison

I do think people tend to forget about players ages when we sign them, as opposed to have them come through the academy.

He is young and with that comes inconsistency and some wrong decisions.

Bissouma was handled correctly. In and out of the team for a year or so. My view is that we will see the same with MacAllister for the rest of this season, but i'll be surprised if he's not a regular fixture from the start of next season.

Alexis has done brilliantly in the last couple of games. But those were fairly open matches with space for him to get his head up. Fulham will be a very different game. They will try to play similarly to the match at the Cottage and close off all spaces in the midfield and not leave a ball in behind. The Amex has a larger pitch so this will be harder, but anyway, Aleix has to show that he can adapt to this type of game.

My only other comment is about Alexis is that I think it's likely that the competition for the attacking, playmaker, centre mid place will hot up once Lallana and Alzate prove their fitness. We could also be finding midfield places for Moder and Caicedo this season.

Intense competition is what we need

I also think the complications that Covid would bring to a young in a new country, in lock down are all to easy to overlook.

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
Brilliant again tonight, always involved in some of our best and incisive attacking moves. Similar to the Leeds goal where his vision way key.

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
His pass through to Gross for the goal was perfection. The weighting was sublime - as good as the one to Maupay against Fulham.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
I think he started the season as someone who would cover for Lallana when Lallana was injured or unavailable. I think the roles have now been reversed.

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach
Mac, Tross and Gross with Biss playing further back works really well.

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018
Not only the difference in recent weeks but I am convinced the improvements in Gross and Trossard are directly linked to him playing well in the middle

Had made the role his own

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
Not only the difference in recent weeks but I am convinced the improvements in Gross and Trossard are directly linked to him playing well in the middle

Totally agree.

He's making everything tick in the middle. He makes great runs and gets the ball moving early and I think the players you mention all have the quality to be on the same wavelength.

PTC Gull

Micky Mouse country.
NSC Patron
Apr 17, 2017
Florida

Maybe getting coached by Lallana?

OGH's Libido

Nov 30, 2014
Love this guy: looks up, finds space and makes himself available. Recieves ball, drives at the defence. Doesnt look up, plays an 8 - 10 yard pass literally directly in front of him INTO THE BOX. And repeat.

Before he made the team, that pass would have gone to the wing before a sluggish cross ambles towards a maximum of 2 players in the box.

Its too simplistic to say his instinct to hit a simple pass into the box is behind our recent improvement, but its certainly the most notable difference for me.

Oh. And he has license to shoot. It was really telling that Potter was getting annoyed with Bissouma shooting from range in his post match comments on Bissouma's recent FA cup goal. Credit to Potter to finding a role for him in the team to speed up our attacks, and presumably freeing him up to take pot shots.

Agree with others, a wonder goal is coming.

I love Potter. I love this guy. Keep the faith.

Sent from my SM-A202F using Tapatalk

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
I love him. He’s just brilliant.

His appreciation of space is outstanding, he is a joy to watch. He is the type of player I love and that we just don’t create in this country. Iniesta-like.

I love seeing a talented, creative player work so hard too and his leap to win a header against a much taller player in the first half was one of many highlights in the game for me.

Klaas

I've changed this
Nov 1, 2017
He's going to smash through the back of the net one day soon isn't he?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here