Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Maupay

fleet

Jul 28, 2003
The way he drifted wide for the goal build up so Atkins had to either go on the wing and be out of the play or move inside and give Maupay space - it was such clever football. So well done.

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
The whole build up to the goal was pure sex. Feels so good to see the team dig in defensively too - what a relief.

Shooting Star

Apr 29, 2011
Suffolk
Really pleased for Neal. He's one of those players I have a soft spot for. Striker's goal - we need to give him more of those opportunities. His interview was good, as usual. I love how deadpan he is - you never know what he's going to say! (https://www.brightonandhovealbion.com/my-albion-tv/videos/1975734/maupay-a-big-win-for-us)

I also love what Zeqiri had to say about him earlier this week:

“Neal is a bit more serious. He is funny but he also works hard and he's very professional. It's these sorts of role models that can help me progress.”

elwheelio

Amateur Sleuth
Jan 24, 2006
Brighton
7 goals is very decent at this stage of the season. Same as Rashford and Ings, more than Mane, Firmino and Werner. Not too shabby.

Charity Shield 1910

Jan 4, 2021
7 goals is very decent at this stage of the season. Same as Rashford and Ings, more than Mane, Firmino and Werner. Not too shabby.

It is goals divided by chances that count not goals in isolation. He and the rest of the strikers have been poor. Scored today but still very much has it all to prove. If you cant score goals with this creative midfield then you shouldn't be playing football.

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
Big fan of Neal. Yes, he has his off days, but his attitude is excellent and always comes across well in interviews. Pleased to see him hit the onion bag today.

Charity Shield 1910

Jan 4, 2021
7 goals at this stage of the season is not poor

Disagree. It is given the amount of chances he (and the rest of the strikers) have had. They have all missed a hatful of chances. A striker must finish. his finishing has been below par. This midfield at Brighton is truly outstanding. But the strikers have all been poor. Hopefully the Keeper/set piece fault has now been sorted. Now focus on the strikers. If they keep missing then they have to go. It's in their hands, they will be given the chances. Imagine if we had a Ward or Zamora up front?

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
It is goals divided by chances that count not goals in isolation. He and the rest of the strikers have been poor. Scored today but still very much has it all to prove. If you cant score goals with this creative midfield then you shouldn't be playing football.

bollocks. back of the net is the most important stat.

Charity Shield 1910

Jan 4, 2021
bollocks. back of the net is the most important stat.

Well in that case then the kid who scores 7 goals in a cub game is Messi. No, you cant look at one statistic ion isolation. You have to put it into context. If it was 7 goals under the last manager then he would be a bloody genius striker, but he is playing in a side that are ripping teams to pieces. Kevin Bremner and maybe even Richard Tiltman would score some goals in this team. The strikers have been wasteful. Maupay one of them. Not good enough, all to prove.

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
Decent team goal, but lets face it he couldn't **** that up by taking too many touches.

Hopefully with the win, all of the players have now got that monkey off their back we will see better results.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Big Fan, he'll be a very good Premier League striker, but needs a touch of the Lingards, take two touches and get rid, whenever he keeps the ball it never ends well. Tross, Pascal, Lallana, some players suit a lot of time, unfortunately you're not one of them .

And while I'm on the subject, Webster should beat two players then pass, you're always struggling to control that third one and seem to lose posession or give away the foul, and thirdly, give Solly the ball under pressure because he's better when he has no time to think.

I only criticise because I love :love:

Last edited:

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
The falling over was pathetic, the goal was sublime

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton

For a player that is close to double figures in two consecutive Premier League seasons, he gets an awful lot of stick on here.

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
His head is up ,his shoulders are back, he's up for it, he want's it, he cares, he scored........great shift today.

hampshirebrightonboy

Sep 3, 2011
Disagree. It is given the amount of chances he (and the rest of the strikers) have had. They have all missed a hatful of chances. A striker must finish. his finishing has been below par. This midfield at Brighton is truly outstanding. But the strikers have all been poor. Hopefully the Keeper/set piece fault has now been sorted. Now focus on the strikers. If they keep missing then they have to go. It's in their hands, they will be given the chances. Imagine if we had a Ward or Zamora up front?

Well we will have to agree to disagree. 7 goal in the Premier League at the half way stage is not poor.

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
Last season I was very much into Maupay, but I was having serious doubts this season, but I’m really pleased to see him back amongst the goals. He’s on course for 14 or 15 this season, nobody will say no to that.

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014

er no... its goals that count, if you get more than the opposition you win the game.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here