Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Very satisfying

Barham's tash

Jun 8, 2013
Rayners Lane
Don’t think anyone had a poor game today. Some industrially apt performances but Groß caught the eye for me. Worked the space without the need to press too much, kept it simple and was a cool head. Great stuff.

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
With only 34% possession, Potter showed that the Albion can effectively switch the pretty possession play for stubborn 'they shall not pass' pragmatism if needed.

Very good to see.

That is what I was worried about. He needs to maintain that mix it up to get those other 6 wins!

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
As well as the 3pts, It’s hugely satisfying to see those here who called for Potter’s head, claimed he was out of his depth and were abusive to Albion fans who supported him to suddenly being full of praise for the manager.

A minority, I hasten to add.

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
As well as the 3pts, It’s hugely satisfying to see those here who called for Potter’s head, claimed he was out of his depth and were abusive to Albion fans who supported him to suddenly being full of praise for the manager.

A minority, I hasten to add.

I voted out the other week because I couldn't see that he was capable or prepared to sacrifice is ideology to grind out a result. I piped down when I had a better think about it because lets face it. We're not getting anyone any better. He's still struggling in some aspects but 'learning and moving forward' ??? If we go down we go down. There's no doubt we play nice football, but we don't play enough winning football.

He got it right against Man City, we were undone by a high quality bit of skill and failed to take advantage of our own set plays, which were the only chances we had . He got it right yesterday, although an easier nut to crack. An away win and a clean sheet must be an 8/10 however you achieve it.

Next weekend is the BIG one, for many reasons its a game we need to win.

SweatyMexican

Mar 31, 2013
I think a lot of credit for 2) has to go to Alexis Mac. He does what practically none of the rest of our attacking players do - passes the ball directly towards goal as part of an attack. No arc of disappointment for him, he’s direct. It scares the shit out of defenders.

Exactly.

That goal was fully of Ali Mac’s own making. I was expecting him to push the ball out wide and we’d have probably put in a nothing cross, but instead he finds an inside ball, continues his run, and passes it across the goal for an easy tap in. Super stuff.

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
I voted out the other week because I couldn't see that he was capable or prepared to sacrifice is ideology to grind out a result. I piped down when I had a better think about it because lets face it. We're not getting anyone any better. He's still struggling in some aspects but 'learning and moving forward' ??? If we go down we go down. There's no doubt we play nice football, but we don't play enough winning football.

He got it right against Man City, we were undone by a high quality bit of skill and failed to take advantage of our own set plays, which were the only chances we had . He got it right yesterday, although an easier nut to crack. An away win and a clean sheet must be an 8/10 however you achieve it.

Next weekend is the BIG one, for many reasons its a game we need to win.

Not all Potter outs were like that. Many were quite reasonable, reasoned passionate fans such as yourself [emoji106]

Thompson720

Jan 5, 2019
Patcham
Feels like a massive vindication from all that rubbish and ordeal in the summer. Hopefully we can go on and beat them again in the reverse fixture!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here