Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Very satisfying

SimpKingpin

See the match?
Aug 8, 2020
Worthing -> NYC
Mac Allister is superb as the number 10. I love him.

Good thing we didn't sell them Ben White :lol:

OMG, I'm so happy beating Bielsa - the greatest manager the world has ever witnessed.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Excellent. Absolute definition of a hard fought away win. Webster and Dunk particularly good for me. We had a plan for how to beat Leeds’ style and Bielsa had absolutely no answer.

Where’s that Killer Whale fella?

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Is it me, or did Ben White seem very determined to score against Leeds?

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
Is it me, or did Ben White seem very determined to score against Leeds?

He looked so up for it today. Great to see.

I can see Leeds dropping down the table. They looked completely shot today.

SEWDONIM

Dec 14, 2020
Very satisfying, for a couple of reasons.

1) ****ing Leeds.
2) Potter’s showing some flexibility here, it really looks like we’ve gone back to basics without compromising on some of the expansive football. Especially in the first half, a very simple tap in. No walking the ball into the box through the middle...
3) Character, those boys were determined to hold on. Showed bottle and never crumbles.
4) Leeds

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
With only 34% possession, Potter showed that the Albion can effectively switch the pretty possession play for stubborn 'they shall not pass' pragmatism if needed.

Very good to see.

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
And we have Lamptey, Lallana,Welbeck, and Modor to come in.

Possibly Izzy and Andone as well.

And maybe Caiceda

Last edited:

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Very satisfying, for a couple of reasons.

1) ****ing Leeds.
2) Potter’s showing some flexibility here, it really looks like we’ve gone back to basics without compromising on some of the expansive football. Especially in the first half, a very simple tap in. No walking the ball into the box through the middle...
3) Character, those boys were determined to hold on. Showed bottle and never crumbles.
4) Leeds

I think a lot of credit for 2) has to go to Alexis Mac. He does what practically none of the rest of our attacking players do - passes the ball directly towards goal as part of an attack. No arc of disappointment for him, he’s direct. It scares the shit out of defenders.

Napier

Jan 27, 2009
Devon
Great performance and, as nerve wracking as it was to watch, we always looked comfortable and Leeds never really looked like scoring. Extremely satisfying performance and result which I hope we capitalise on by beating Fulham. In the meantime, a rest for a week and hopefully an entertaining cup tie.

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
The most satisfying part is seeing the Leeds fans having a meltdown and crying online about this. Lots of "teams like Brighton" going on. The term entitled gets bandied about on NSC but my goodness that bunch are the living embodiment of entitled.

SEWDONIM

Dec 14, 2020
I think a lot of credit for 2) has to go to Alexis Mac. He does what practically none of the rest of our attacking players do - passes the ball directly towards goal as part of an attack. No arc of disappointment for him, he’s direct. It scares the shit out of defenders.

Yes, agreed. The role he has played is critical to our 2 last performances. I had said in the past we often looked to scared to make that pass unless it’s Lallana, but Alexis doesn’t think twice. It’s refreshing to see us move forward and carve teams up rather than trying to walk through them.

We’ve looked a different animal since that 3-3 come back, what ever Potter has said to the lads has worked.

Who started that rumour he lost the dressing room....

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
The mot satisfying part is seeing the Leeds fans having a meltdown and crying online about this. Lots of "teams like Brighton" going on. The term entitled gets bandied about on NSC but my goodness that bunch are the living embodiment of entitled.

Premier League new boys Leeds were taught a footballing lesson today by an established member of the highest echelon.

In time they will improve. No disgrace losing to a more experienced club in the modern era.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
I do love beating that lot.

I thought Mac Allister and White stood out, but my MotM was Veltman - he had a superb game and really showed his class.

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
Eeeeeeeeee, it were grand! ..... in a mocking Yorkshire accent.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here