Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Leeds United vs Brighton & Hove Albion *** Official Match Thread ***

Charity Shield 1910

Jan 4, 2021
Is that the longest we've held on to a lead this season/this year/since Potter took over?

I think so. Potter made a call that I think was needed in changing keeper. Not that Ryan was terrible, but just didnt command the box. That then affects the entire defence and might be the cause of the set piece defending problem. If he has has fixed that then we will be ok. It's just vital to have a keeper and defence on the same page. A decent keeper wins so many points over a season.

Johnny RoastBeef

These aren't the players you're looking for.
Jan 11, 2016
Probably mentioned before but today's highlights for me were Webster and White's marauding run and shots.

Taking matters into their own hands.

BeHereNow

Mar 2, 2016
Southwick
Only 2 losses out of our last 7 games. 5 of those being against teams above us.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Have you genuinely enjoyed this season more than all the others with just 3 wins? Maybe you have, but tone tends to reveal more than surface words I find. So show, don’t tell

Wouldn’t swap what we’ve seen in the last 2 seasons for the last few months of Chris’ tenure in a million years. It was awful to watch. It’s been hugely frustrating, but least we’ve had intent and it’s obvious we have a clear longer term plan (particularly if you watch any U23 games where the style of play is identical). Even if it’s not always enjoyable most of us accept we’re at a point in that plan, not at the end game or anywhere close yet.

Does that mean I’ve enjoyed it more ? No, most enjoyable season for me was the Championship promotion season.

All about evolution.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
A very welcome three points.

I’ve watched Leeds a fair bit this season and I thought that we nullified them really well, although it felt like we were holding on a bit at the end. MacAllister had another good game, especially defensively, which is promising and those marauding runs from Webster and White were joyous.

A great result and a very happy family of Brighton fans here in Wales.

:thumbsup:

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
A very welcome three points.

I’ve watched Leeds a fair bit this season and I thought that we nullified them really well, although it felt like we were holding on a bit at the end. MacAllister had another good game, especially defensively, which is promising and those marauding runs from Webster and White were joyous.

A great result and a very happy family of Brighton fans here in Wales.

:thumbsup:

I think you’re right, we were hanging on in the end, but, after 3 games in 7 days, one of which went to 120 minutes, on 2 of the heaviest/worst pitches we’ve played Bon in ages not just this season, I thought we were tremendous.

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
I think you’re right, we were hanging on in the end, but, after 3 games in 7 days, one of which went to 120 minutes, on 2 of the heaviest/worst pitches we’ve played Bon in ages not just this season, I thought we were tremendous.
Hanging on? That suggests Leeds were battering us in the last part of the match whereas we coped relatively comfortably. Agree great result and clinical performance though [emoji106]

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
Leeds United vs Brighton & Hove Albion *** Official Match Thread ***

Hanging on? That suggests Leeds were battering us in the last part of the match whereas we coped relatively comfortably. Agree great result and clinical performance though [emoji106]

You’re in right that they didn’t carve out any huge chances. But we were definitely under some pressure in the last 20.

I mean, it’s fair enough, they were losing at home.. it’d to be expected they’d go for it.

I think overcoming that, plus the psychological issue we had to overcome (not being able to keep a lead) shouldn’t be under estimated.

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
You’re in right that they didn’t carve out any huge chances. But we were definitely under some pressure in the last 20.

I mean, it’s fair enough, they were losing at home.. it’d to be expected they’d go for it.

I think overcoming that, plus the psychological issue we had to overcome (not being able to keep a lead) shouldn’t be under estimated.
You would expect some pressure when winning 1-0 away in the last part of the game but suggesting we were hanging on is way OTT. Completely agree seeing out the game, holding on to a lead and securing a deserved win makes a welcome change [emoji106]

TugWilson

I gotta admit that I`m a little bit confused
Dec 8, 2020
Dorset
I knew if i drank enough we could win . ....................we did win right ...........crap early hangover ............how long to Phulam ? .

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Don't be a ****, we are all Brighton supporters and I for one will be enjoying tonight, you really are a ****. :albion2:
Support the team - including the manager - then!

SimpKingpin

See the match?
Aug 8, 2020
Worthing -> NYC
I've been watching this goal all day, over and over again.

I love the build up. It's so direct, fast, yet beautifully crafted.

I really do like Ben White in (holding) midfield finding those forward passes, with urgency.

But the "main man" is Mac Allister. So smart.

What. A. Goal. :ascarf:

[tweet]1350563481611886595[/tweet]

Last edited:

neilbard

Hedging up
Oct 8, 2013
Tyringham
Support the team - including the manager - then!

mittelfinger-gif-download.gif

BBassic

I changed this.
Jul 28, 2011
I've been watching this goal all day, over and over again.

I love the build up. It's so direct, fast, yet beautifully crafted.

I really do like Ben White in (holding) midfield finding those forward passes, with urgency.

But the "main man" is Mac Allister. So smart.

What. A. Goal. :ascarf:

[tweet]1350563481611886595[/tweet]

That little touch from Gross is sublime.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here