Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Music] 40 Year Anniversary of ‘ Planet Earth ‘

Live by the sea

Oct 21, 2016
On the 2nd February 40 years ago Planet Earth was released as the debut single from Duran Duran .

It was the first song to reference the New Romantic movement in its lyrics .

I must admit a bit like Roxy Music Virginia Plain did to my older brother , Planet Earth and Duran Duran had a profound impact on my life both musically and in the way I presented myself and dressed .

Not everyone is a fan I understand that but it’s hard to imagine any of the bands nowdays having such a profound impact with both the sound and image combined. In 1984 they were officially the biggest grossing band in the world having played arenas in their tour which had rarely been done previously.

Also great live band - yes they play all their own instruments.and write all their own songs .

Any secret fans on NSC ?

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
I thought the planet was older than that.
Don’t trust Richard attenboriugh

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
On the 2nd February 40 years ago Planet Earth was released as the debut single from Duran Duran .

It was the first song to reference the New Romantic movement in its lyrics .

I must admit a bit like Roxy Music Virginia Plain did to my older brother , Planet Earth and Duran Duran had a profound impact on my life both musically and in the way I presented myself and dressed .

Not everyone is a fan I understand that but it’s hard to imagine any of the bands nowdays having such a profound impact with both the sound and image combined. In 1984 they were officially the biggest grossing band in the world having played arenas in their tour which had rarely been done previously.

Also great live band - yes they play all their own instruments.and write all their own songs .

Any secret fans on NSC ?

I saw them at the Brighton Dome in June 1981, believe this was the first time they played in Brighton.

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
Better band than given credit for. Still going now I believe. A fan would be too strong a term for me, but enjoyed their music over the years.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here