Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] 5 Reasons why we have to beat dirty Leeds

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
1.I saw that 70's Revie team cheat and pressure refs into a title - I agree with Brian Clough all the way

2. Somebody I thought was a friend at school bought those f***ing stupid sock tie-ups with the numbers on little bits of plastic

3. A well respected Welsh fullback who obviously drew the short straw and had the job of driving me told me for a while once told me that Johnny Giles was the most evil little f***er he had met in 20+ years of professional football.

4. One of the most successful business 'relationships' I ever had was with a die-hard Leeds supporter who had pictures of him following them round Europe. And he was Northern, Fat, Loud and very good at Marketing and Sales.

5. [MENTION=3003]Starry[/MENTION] reminds us sometimes that there are things more important than football

But for God's sake, let's beat Dirty Leeds :albion2:

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
7. We need the three points.
8. We need the three points.
9. We need the three points.
10. We need the three points,
11. We need the three points.
12. We need the three points.
13. ...........
14. ..............
15. ,,,,,,
etc, etc, etc.

essbee1

Jun 25, 2014
I stubbed my toe on the coffee table earlier and there's an 'd' in table and Leeds. That's good enough for me.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
A genuinely interesting game. If we close them down and expose their back line we could very well hand them a beating. If we let them play their way we'll get murdered. They may struggle to cope with Percy and we, in turn may not select him. Can't call it.

Ben White will be a useful insider although Bielsa may well have been peeking over the fence at Lancing stood on a bucket, dressed as a squirrel.

Starry

Captain Of The Crew
Oct 10, 2004
5. [MENTION=3003]Starry[/MENTION] reminds us sometimes that there are things more important than football

But for God's sake, let's beat Dirty Leeds :albion2:

aye, there are. just not at 3pm on a saturday.

we appear to be a club of two teams, it'll either be 5-0 to us or 6-2 to you.

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
My 5.

1, I am sick of hearing about Bielsa's genius, the more they lose, the less likely I am to hear it.
2, Killer Whale
3, We need the 3 points
4, Crawley Town done them, and if we can't, then John Yems becomes the best English manager, not Potter.
5, I have a small wager on them getting relegated this season.

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003
Number whatever:

I was studying in Leeds in the early 90s and went to 1 game. Leeds v Coventry just before they won the title. The predominant song/ chant in the ground was about the Munich air disaster and later on that day I got beaten up by some Leeds fans who evidently kept kicking me when I was unconscious.

Number whatever +1:

I've got a £20 bet with mate on who finishes highest.

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
Number whatever:

I was studying in Leeds in the early 90s and went to 1 game. Leeds v Coventry just before they won the title. The predominant song/ chant in the ground was about the Munich air disaster and later on that day I got beaten up by some Leeds fans who evidently kept kicking me when I was unconscious.

Number whatever +1:

I've got a £20 bet with mate on who finishes highest.
Why did they beat you up? I presume you went in the home end.

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
aye, there are. just not at 3pm on a saturday.

we appear to be a club of two teams, it'll either be 5-0 to us or 6-2 to you.
Is this an actual 3pm kick off on a Saturday?

Must be unique these days.

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003
Why did they beat you up? I presume you went in the home end.

This it was in a pub later. Was chatting with a crowd of them and my mates in a pub. When they found out I supported Brighton one said 'oh, so you're a fag then', I replied, 'no, you're out of luck ducky' which most of his group found quite funny. Later on when I went for the piss him and 1 or 2 of his mates came in and gave me a right pasting. In fairness when I came around the regulars were very apologetic, got me a couple of brandies and an ice pack for my head and ribs. I think they might have even got me a cab home, but I was plastered/ concussed when I left.

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
Another good reason to beat them is most of their fans seem to be utter twats.

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
This it was in a pub later. Was chatting with a crowd of them and my mates in a pub. When they found out I supported Brighton one said 'oh, so you're a fag then', I replied, 'no, you're out of luck ducky' which most of his group found quite funny. Later on when I went for the piss him and 1 or 2 of his mates came in and gave me a right pasting. In fairness when I came around the regulars were very apologetic, got me a couple of brandies and an ice pack for my head and ribs. I think they might have even got me a cab home, but I was plastered/ concussed when I left.
Wankers, I had similar in Carlisle the one time I took my father in law to football and he ends up in a scrap :lolol: to be fair he stood his ground until there were to many.

Comrade Sam

Comrade Sam
Jan 31, 2013
Walthamstow
I saw us lose to them at Elland Road the day of the Hillsborough disaster. When it was announced at half time that there had been fatalities at the Liverpool - Forest match, many Leeds fans cheered! I also realised that day that Gordon Strachan was a mouthy git.

TugWilson

I gotta admit that I`m a little bit confused
Dec 8, 2020
Dorset
They are just a bunch of loud mouthed dicks with the incredible ability to start a row anytime anywhere with anyone . I always enjoy the chance for a chat and a bit of banter with the oppo fans at games if possible , but Leeds .......FORGET IT ! .
:tosser:

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014

Glad it was all okay in the end. Hopefully they had a word and advised those who nearly killed you to go a bit easier next time...

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
7. We need the three points.
8. We need the three points.
9. We need the three points.
10. We need the three points,
11. We need the three points.
12. We need the three points.
13. ...........