Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Dunk needs to avoid a caution tomorrow

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
Lewis Dunk is currently sitting on 4 bookings, and tomorrow is Albion's 19th league match of the season. If he is cautioned he will serve a one-match ban - in the HUGE home fixture against Fulham.

Once tomorrow's match is completed, accumulated bookings won't trigger a ban unless a player incurs 10 by their team's 32nd match.

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
Dunky really coming back into form.

Losing him would be the disaster it wouldn't have been a couple of months ago.

Keep your head tomorrow Lewis

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
He's been pretty good at managing himself over the last few years.

Unlikely he would get booked for anything other than a professional foul.

Webster needs to know it#s his job to take one for the team.
I was amazed to see him pick up his first Yellow against City, That can't be right can it?

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Oh dear

ref.JPG

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex

I was amazed to see him pick up his first Yellow against City, That can't be right can it?

TV caption seemed to be a bit confused as to whether it was Webster’s 1st or 4th yellow

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
Not worried really, it's not as much of a problem these days as it has been in the past. There's very little between Dunk, Webster, White and Veltman as centre backs, so I would be as confident of getting a result with or without him, so his absence won't be as felt as much as it has been in past seasons. Webster is also more of a leader at the back anyway, I'd be more worried about him being out.

AZ Gull

Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
Needs to go for the straight red then? Job's a good'un.

He doesn't need a straight red (why reduce ourselves to ten men in a game we should be looking to win?), but if he were to get booked, and the fate of this match was already decided one way or the other, it would actually be in the club's interest for him to get a second yellow as the one-match suspension for a sending-off would then be served against Blackpool in the FA Cup (and he wouldn't serve a suspension in the Premier League for 5 bookings).

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
Not worried really, it's not as much of a problem these days as it has been in the past. There's very little between Dunk, Webster, White and Veltman as centre backs, so I would be as confident of getting a result with or without him, so his absence won't be as felt as much as it has been in past seasons. Webster is also more of a leader at the back anyway, I'd be more worried about him being out.

This. We’re well stocked in defence these days. Would miss him? Of course. But not a disaster.

The problem we have is mainly at the other end. Get a couple of goals and we’ll fly.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Not worried really, it's not as much of a problem these days as it has been in the past. There's very little between Dunk, Webster, White and Veltman as centre backs, so I would be as confident of getting a draw against Fulham with or without him.

Slight correction.

AZ Gull

Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ

TV caption seemed to be a bit confused as to whether it was Webster’s 1st or 4th yellow

No - it was Webster's second caution, he was booked against WBA.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Would be a bit bothersome but not a disaster. Bissouma getting another red would be a bigger issue......becoming the heartbeat of the team.

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
I’d imagine the ‘4’ on the caption was his shirt number...

Thanks. I thought that just after I posted. Seems like he’s on 2, so he could be in the position to clatter someone on the half way line in the 95th minute tomorrow.

Last edited:

D

Deleted member 2719

Feck, poor Lewis he must be itching rip into dirty Leeds.

Can't blame him.

Greeko

May 17, 2007
Eastbourne
He doesn't need a straight red (why reduce ourselves to ten men in a game we should be looking to win?), but if he were to get booked, and the fate of this match was already decided one way or the other, it would actually be in the club's interest for him to get a second yellow as the one-match suspension for a sending-off would then be served against Blackpool in the FA Cup (and he wouldn't serve a suspension in the Premier League for 5 bookings).

If he got sent off for two yellows he would get a two match ban as it would be his second sending off this season

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here