Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Derby County and Wayne Rooney.

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
"The directors of Derby County and Wayne Rooney have agreed that it would be in the best interests of the football club for Wayne to relinquish his position as manager. We would like to place on record our appreciation for all Wayne's efforts over the past five and a half months and wish him all the best in his future endeavours."

- Just getting in early ahead of June 1st

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
I bet Liam isn't too chuffed having been busy putting in the hours to get a managerial opportunity. Wonder if Rooney has done the same?

Exactly my thoughts, being a great player doesn't necessarily lead you to becoming a success as a manager, as we all know.

Then again neither of them have been properly tested as coaches yet, so only time will tell.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I bet Liam isn't too chuffed having been busy putting in the hours to get a managerial opportunity. Wonder if Rooney has done the same?

I thought Liam went there as youth team coach so assistant manager is a step up?

To be fair to Rooney, since he took over as caretaker manager, he has only lost 2 games out of 9, so he hasn't done too badly.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
"The directors of Derby County and Wayne Rooney have agreed that it would be in the best interests of the football club for Wayne to relinquish his position as manager. We would like to place on record our appreciation for all Wayne's efforts over the past five and a half months and wish him all the best in his future endeavours."

Bad results? An incident involving at least alcohol? Both?

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
I thought Liam went there as youth team coach so assistant manager is a step up?

To be fair to Rooney, since he took over as caretaker manager, he has only lost 2 games out of 9, so he hasn't done too badly.

Rosenior joined them as part of Cocu's first-team coaching set-up.

Dorset Seagull

Once Dolphin, Now Seagull

But if Rooney hasnt spent time doing badges etc then Liam would have been expected to be ahead of him in the queue for the job

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Liam was in charge, then joint manager or something and then apparently the players decided they wanted 1 person as manager and Rooney got it.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
But if Rooney hasnt spent time doing badges etc then Liam would have been expected to be ahead of him in the queue for the job

did Rosenior want the role, at this point? seems this is formalising what has been the arrangement for a few months.

Dorset Seagull

Once Dolphin, Now Seagull
did Rosenior want the role, at this point? seems this is formalising what has been the arrangement for a few months.

I imagine as he was there before Rooney that he would have hoped at that time to get a shot at the managers job in the future. Rooney pitching up would have moved him down the pecking order so maybe he accepted that at the time but who knows

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

I realised this was a spoof when I read 'The directors of....Wayne Rooney'. I mean, what do you take me for. Cah!

ac gull

Jul 7, 2003
midlands
Derby have been playing either 4.4.2 exactly as per Hughton in two lines of 4 as coached by Liam
or switch to 4.3.3 exactly as McClaren used to set them up and as advised by McClaren

BrianWade4

Aug 17, 2010
A nice bit of South London

Enjoyable. Very good

Jolly Red Giant

Jul 11, 2015
Derby are in financial trouble - there is talk that they will have to sell Jason Knight to pay the players wages.

And by the way - Jason Knight is someone Potter should have a look at - get in before Burnley.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003

Liam was interviewed as box-ticking exercise, but Wayne got the job. This is 'The Rooney Rule' done the Derby Way.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here