Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Dryrobe chav central...

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
Noticing more and more, idiots wearing the surf changing robe with short sleeves for ease in changing being worn as fashion statement.
Last month during kids football I noticed several parents wearing them in the cold not done up, and shivering in the cold wind.....
Buy a feckin decent coat, prats, more people today out and about in them, just crazy.

They were designed to change on a beach and get your body warm, not show off, look at me I am a chav, looking cool in a modestly priced garment.
Winds me up...

Maybe there are more important things to worry about, but come on, tell me it's not just me.

Thank you Psychobilly, I was unaware of this garment and it's rise in popularity, but having read the thread, I am now quite angry about lots of people wearing something to the point where it becomes cultish, even though I have never actually seen anyone wearing them, probably on account of being locked down in Crawley, where the middle classes fear to tread.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven

:lolol:

6767925B-CCCE-4F57-8EFB-289B8BE0064B.jpeg

marlowe

Dec 13, 2015
Because I’m thinking of starting a political party to banish this horrible trend, suggested names on a post card please.

Failing that as per the serial killer thread you could have a very specific victim profile.

As a bonus you would also have a very catchy and readily identifiable nickname, the first part of which is a given, but we need to wait to discover your modus operandi before making any rash decisions on the second part of your sobriquet.

Thinking about it there doesn't even have to be any direct human harm caused and you could vent your psychopathic fury solely on the garment itself and still be known as The Dry Robe Ripper.

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
Failing that as per the serial killer thread you could have a very specific victim profile.

As a bonus you would also have a very catchy and readily identifiable nickname, the first part of which is a given, but we need to wait to discover your modus operandi before making any rash decisions on the second part of your sobriquet.

Thinking about it there doesn't even have to be any direct human harm caused and you could vent your psychopathic fury solely on the garment itself and still be known as The Dry Robe Ripper.

Hmmmm, I like it...

The Dry Robe Ripper.

Now all I need is a fancy costume....

Elbow750

Jun 21, 2020
My wife has one (all weather swimmer) and loves it. Keeps her toasty warm when working at home in our unheated attic office space.

These robes are getting so popular there was a waiting list for hers (£150) and preordering, then a scramble for colour choice. It was as bad as me trying to get tickets to Arsenal a few weeks back and special trainers all those years ago when a teenager.

I think the top end ones are very good (hers is a poncho) but some of the towelling ones with no zip, well I'm not so sure.

marlowe

Dec 13, 2015
Hmmmm, I like it...

The Dry Robe Ripper.

Now all I need is a fancy costume....

You're a clearly a novice in such matters. A balaclava should suffice. You don't want to attract too much attention as you risk ruining the element of surprise.

I can recommend the Trespass Moulder Balaclava currently only £3.99 (rrp £11.99).

It's a multifunctional balaclava and can be worn to show full face or just the eyes and nose (recommended).
It's made from a breathable, quick drying 100% polyester fabric. (Machine wash at 30).

qw1502_1_cloudzoom.jpg

Half Time Pies

Sep 7, 2003
Brighton
I've got one and they are very good for their intended purpose which is to get changed under after being in the sea, and to help warm you up afterwards. I usually wear it walking from the beach to the car but not around town. Each to their own though.

Last edited:

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
You're a clearly a novice in such matters. A balaclava should suffice. You don't want to attract too much attention as you risk ruining the element of surprise.

I can recommend the Trespass Moulder Balaclava currently only £3.99 (rrp £11.99).

It's a multifunctional balaclava and can be worn to show full face or just the eyes and nose (recommended).
It's made from a breathable, quick drying 100% polyester fabric. (Machine wash at 30).

View attachment 132548

And you can pick some bits up from Tesco on your way home without needing to change.

greengull

Sep 5, 2003
my wife finds her dryrobe very useful as she changes out of her nursing uniform in a cold shed before running upstairs for a hot shower after her shift.
we also find them useful for open water swimming

mothy

Dec 30, 2012
I have a northcore beach basha. Basically the same thing as a dry robe. I use it to get changed in & out of my wetsuit & keep me warm. I will occasionally walk home from the beach in it to my house. But it's not for walking the dog / watching football ffs

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here