Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Dryrobe chav central...

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
Noticing more and more, idiots wearing the surf changing robe with short sleeves for ease in changing being worn as fashion statement.
Last month during kids football I noticed several parents wearing them in the cold not done up, and shivering in the cold wind.....
Buy a feckin decent coat, prats, more people today out and about in them, just crazy.

They were designed to change on a beach and get your body warm, not show off, look at me I am a chav, looking cool in a modestly priced garment.
Winds me up...

Maybe there are more important things to worry about, but come on, tell me it's not just me.

I thought we had a fair few chavs in Newhaven and neighbouring Peacehaven, but I don’t think this robe thingy you talk about has reached this area yet.

Top rant BTW :lolol:

smillie's garden

Am I evil?
Aug 11, 2003
Ah I am not alone, really wind me up....

Loved this bit
"Dryrobe Man wants you to know that he is the sort of outdoorsy person who has been surfing in Lahinch, and can afford to spend €171 on what is, after all, a towel with a hood"

There was a women today in Lancing yes Lancing in one, walking her dog with it not done up and she was walking backwards so the wind did not blow it open further...... Do the fecking thing up, I am not impressed it is cameo on the outside and hot pink inner lining....

The Hove phenomena has now reached Lancing, Hove's middle class housewives will have to soon look for the next stupid thing to wear...
How about wellington boots cut down and cut some holes in them.... oh hang on that's been done.

Oi, don't pick on my gardening footwear.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Am I the only one still wearing my morning suit to the beach? One must retain STANDARDS!

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
D85DB874-B85D-45D7-9D2F-3E69B04B7ED0.jpeg

What a breakthrough, people all around the coast will now be outside drinking coffee and watching boats. :rolleyes::)

Nice eyes :love:

Motogull

Todd Warrior
Sep 16, 2005
Noticing more and more, idiots wearing the surf changing robe with short sleeves for ease in changing being worn as fashion statement.
Last month during kids football I noticed several parents wearing them in the cold not done up, and shivering in the cold wind.....
Buy a feckin decent coat, prats, more people today out and about in them, just crazy.

They were designed to change on a beach and get your body warm, not show off, look at me I am a chav, looking cool in a modestly priced garment.
Winds me up...

Maybe there are more important things to worry about, but come on, tell me it's not just me.

I had no idea what you were on about, but you sold it to me. Keep up the good work fella!

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
Sort of the opposite of a chav as it's the very comfortable middle class that are loving them as far as I can tell. The types that have a cleaner and regular Ocado deliveries. DryRobe does market itself as something to keep you dry on the dog walk or while watching outdoor activities as well as a changing robe. That tied in with the huge surge in popularity in sea swimming since the first lockdown started means they are very popular over here in Hove..

https://twitter.com/clareswhere/status/1348232239914627079?s=21

Brownstuff

Feb 21, 2009
Hove
Hove beach between the King Alfred and the lagoon is full of these people
We are not talking tens and twenties, there are hundreds of them around in all seasons
Seem to be part of a sect as they all trooping around together all part of this latest craze swimming in the freezing cold

Pembury

Jan 12, 2015
South Wales Caerphilly
:lolol::lolol::lolol::bowdown:

Ah, also brought back memories of The Crabtree pub at weekends when I was at Boundstone 6th Form. Pub wasn't brilliant (but none in Lancing were; all pretty rough), but The Crabtree didn't mind that we were under 18 :drink:

Fond memories of the Crabtree.. One evening as we approached for a night of real mans ales..all the curtains were drawn, the bloke on the door told us there was a 3 girl stripper gram in full swing. We were barely 16, but he ushered us in and an eye opening night was had by all 4 of us.

Anyways sorry, but yeah dry robes..nah. The struggling towel around the waist whilst shivering my arse off, revealing bat n balls is more my look.

Last edited:

BN41Albion

Oct 1, 2017
Hove beach between the King Alfred and the lagoon is full of these people
We are not talking tens and twenties, there are hundreds of them around in all seasons
Seem to be part of a sect as they all trooping around together all part of this latest craze swimming in the freezing cold

Really funny seeing this thread as my partner and I were commenting on the amount of people wearing Dryrobe the other day when walking along from the Lagoon. Where the f has this middle class craze come from all of a sudden?! Never noticed it before till this winter

Butch Willykins

Jun 17, 2011
Shoreham-by-Sea
Really funny seeing this thread as my partner and I were commenting on the amount of people wearing Dryrobe the other day when walking along from the Lagoon. Where the f has this middle class craze come from all of a sudden?! Never noticed it before till this winter

Same! It’s rife in Shoreham. Loads of the twats. Never noticed it until about a month ago.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here