Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Dryrobe chav central...

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
Noticing more and more, idiots wearing the surf changing robe with short sleeves for ease in changing being worn as fashion statement.
Last month during kids football I noticed several parents wearing them in the cold not done up, and shivering in the cold wind.....
Buy a feckin decent coat, prats, more people today out and about in them, just crazy.

They were designed to change on a beach and get your body warm, not show off, look at me I am a chav, looking cool in a modestly priced garment.
Winds me up...

Maybe there are more important things to worry about, but come on, tell me it's not just me.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Noticing more and more, idiots wearing the surf changing robe with short sleeves for ease in changing being worn as fashion statement.
Last month during kids football I noticed several parents wearing them in the cold not done up, and shivering in the cold wind.....
Buy a feckin decent coat, prats, more people today out and about in them, just crazy.

They were designed to change on a beach and get your body warm, not show off, look at me I am a chav, looking cool in a modestly priced garment.
Winds me up...

Maybe there are more important things to worry about, but come on, tell me it's not just me.

Mate, it's just you.

Top rant, though :lolol: :thumbsup:

Uncle C

Jul 6, 2004
Bishops Stortford
Take the arms off so they are cheaper to make and charge the mugs more.

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
Sort of the opposite of a chav as it's the very comfortable middle class that are loving them as far as I can tell. The types that have a cleaner and regular Ocado deliveries. DryRobe does market itself as something to keep you dry on the dog walk or while watching outdoor activities as well as a changing robe. That tied in with the huge surge in popularity in sea swimming since the first lockdown started means they are very popular over here in Hove.

*EDIT*

As an addition the first person I saw wearing one who wasn't on the beach was at the Amex for an Albion match 2 seasons ago. It was pouring with rain and he was wearing a long sleeved DryRobe and looking very pleased with himself.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip

Winds me up...

I take it you've never been to Jaywick ???

marlowe

Dec 13, 2015

Winds me up...

:needpics:

A visual representation would help, either gleaned from the internet or surreptitiously taken of the parents to whom you refer.

I'm sure we are all quite ready and prepared to get as pi**ed off as you are, but you need to help us out a bit more first.

LU7 RED

Nov 5, 2010
Leighton Buzzard
Folk been wearing these at Cross country and other running events for a couple of years.

Agree, usually well heeled middle class families using them and they all seem to have one.

The Clamp

NSC Patreon
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
I can’t say what other people choose to wear bothers me that much. Living at one of Europe’s best regarded kite-surfing spots I’ve only ever seen these being worn by middle aged men who drive VW transit vans and take themselves very seriously. And wrinkly old ladies who have taken to swimming in the sea whatever the weather.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I googled it and got this picture. Doesn't look very waterproof to me :shrug:

dryrobe.PNG

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Had to Google it. Never heard of it.

Turns out it's what my neighbours wears when walking the dog. I just thought it was just a really hideous coat.

£150 apparently. Agreed. Can get a proper coat for that price.

You, me and just about everybody else I'd imagine. Looks about as classy as mums doing the school run in their PJs

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Marks you out as a member of the all year round swimming in the sea cult. Strange bunch.

This. Normally worn on Hove Prom by wrinkly old middle class ladies, the type who'd chuck their grandkids into an ice bath "because it was good for them". Likes include freezing cold sewage and veganism.

I take it you've never been to Jaywick ???

I have :wink:

Live by the sea

Oct 21, 2016
Sort of the opposite of a chav as it's the very comfortable middle class that are loving them as far as I can tell. The types that have a cleaner and regular Ocado deliveries. DryRobe does market itself as something to keep you dry on the dog walk or while watching outdoor activities as well as a changing robe. That tied in with the huge surge in popularity in sea swimming since the first lockdown started means they are very popular over here in Hove.

*EDIT*

As an addition the first person I saw wearing one who wasn't on the beach was at the Amex for an Albion match 2 seasons ago. It was pouring with rain and he was wearing a long sleeved DryRobe and looking very pleased with himself.

Agree - personally I love an Acado delivery . M & S ready to cook lamb shanks are the best in the business - much nicer than even the Waitrose ones . But getting back to the topic , wearing anything other than a proper winter coat in the middle of a cold winter is madness and often a chav fashion .

Iggle Piggle

Sep 3, 2010
This. Normally worn on Hove Prom by wrinkly old middle class ladies, the type who'd chuck their grandkids into an ice bath "because it was good for them". Likes include freezing cold sewage and veganism.

I have :wink:

The old Vegan joke has recently been re-purposed.

How do you know if someone is a cold water swimmer? Don't worry, They will tell you.

I love outdoor swimming but at this time of year it can do one. Half the people that do it tell you how great it is before complaining they can't feel anything in the tips of their toes or fingers after their recent swim.

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
Having now done my own research into what it is that has provoked your ire, it appears you have a few kindred spirits in the locality of Dublin.....

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.ir...re-wars-a-symbol-of-change-1.4414780?mode=amp

Ah I am not alone, really wind me up....

Loved this bit
"Dryrobe Man wants you to know that he is the sort of outdoorsy person who has been surfing in Lahinch, and can afford to spend €171 on what is, after all, a towel with a hood"

There was a women today in Lancing yes Lancing in one, walking her dog with it not done up and she was walking backwards so the wind did not blow it open further...... Do the fecking thing up, I am not impressed it is cameo on the outside and hot pink inner lining....

The Hove phenomena has now reached Lancing, Hove's middle class housewives will have to soon look for the next stupid thing to wear...
How about wellington boots cut down and cut some holes in them.... oh hang on that's been done.

Attachments

• Crocs_Classic_Clogs_Kinder_black[640x480].jpg
    Crocs_Classic_Clogs_Kinder_black[640x480].jpg
    57.8 KB · Views: 408

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here