Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Will Ben White do a Graham Pearce ?

rebel51

Jan 4, 2021
West sussex
Graham pierce at leeds at leeds, he gets the ball he always scores at leeds at leeds.those were the days, abt 200 to 300 brighton in a little enclosed are on side at Elland Road. We were like rabid monkeys when we got that winner. One of the nutiest I've ever gone at a goal being scored. I much preferred the aways back then.a relief to get out of leeds that day lol.

Miami Seagull

Grandad
Jul 12, 2003
Miami Florida, USA
"At Leeeeds... At Leeeeds, Graham Graham Pearce, he gets the ball and scores a goal.."

I was singing that to myself at work today!! (Before reading this thread). I wasnt at that game but lots of stories about the goal being a wind assisted fluke. Was anyone there that can describe it it and what must have been an interesting exit from the stadium?

METALMICKY

Jan 30, 2004
And what would be the reaction from Albion fans if he did score a 90th minute screamer but his celebration was distinctly muted?

Brownstuff

Feb 21, 2009
Hove
Last minute goals away at Leeds reminds me of a game up about 10 years ago under Poyet
Spent all day up and back there on same day faffing about on National Express coaches on my todd
Met a couple of mates (Brighton) a couple of hours before in that Leeds boozer over the road from Elland Road probably disguising my accent at the bar
Pretty painful being amongst a mass of Leeds fans singing in the beer garden
Think I had a bullseye on Brighton winning the game, I can't recall the exact price but it was a big price definitely between 6/1 and 8/1
Also had a small wager on Draw HT and Brighton FT
I asked a steward if I could nip out at half-time for a celebration fag, was told best place was the bogs like everyone else, poor sods who didn't smoke were met with a smoky haze in there..
We went 1-0 up late on through a Murray pen and then Virgo got sent off
They scored literally last kick of game 6 minutes into injury time
Ankergren was in goal for Leeds that day although don't remember it at the time
You can imagine the depressing long journey back home on my todd so close to winning over £500

Jimmy Grimble

Or a Zamora. Late winner with a dink over the keeper before kissing the badge.

GREASED WEASEL

Dec 10, 2017
I was singing that to myself at work today!! (Before reading this thread). I wasnt at that game but lots of stories about the goal being a wind assisted fluke. Was anyone there that can describe it it and what must have been an interesting exit from the stadium?

neither was I
but reading a report in an old programme

it says he played a quick one-two with Jacobs then lobbed the goalie
who was Mervyn Day no less (tall keeper :lolol:)
so going by that it could well have been

I doubt there was too many Albion fans there in amongst the 13k crowd
still recovering from being terrorised at Pompey two days earlier

what a week that was for us

26 Dec

Portsmouth (A) won 2-1 first win in over 60 years at Fratton

28 Dec

Leeds (A) won 3-2 first win ever at Elland Road

1 Jan

Palace (H) won 2-0 well,we always beat them at the Goldstone :lolol:

Beanstalk

Apr 5, 2017
London
And what would be the reaction from Albion fans if he did score a 90th minute screamer but his celebration was distinctly muted?

We haven’t won a league game in months. Who cares who scored and how they celebrate, I’ll be deliriously happy if we win!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here