Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Music] RIP Sylvain Sylvain

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
this is sad news - Sylvain Sylvain has passed away, guitarist in the New York Dolls along with Johnny Thunders. Trailblazers or Mock Rock? either way you look at it, hugely influential, managed by Malcolm Maclaren a while before the Pistols appeared on the scene.

marlowe

Dec 13, 2015
Only this week I did a check if he was still alive after getting it into my head that he wasn't. I discovered I was mistaken.

Only Johansen left now from their original line up and that infamous appearance on The Old Grey Whistle Test.

RIP

https://youtu.be/qsKPm36XDLQ

Last edited:

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Loved the Dolls - there were a breath of fresh air in the rather staid mid-70s rock scene.

It's sad to hear of his death (although the wonder is that there were still two of them alive). RIP Sylvain

marlowe

Dec 13, 2015
Whispering Bob wasn't a Fan!

He's since admitted that he made an error of judgement.
It probably didn't help at the time that just before they did their set Johansen had told Bob that he had "bunny teeth". That might have helped colour his judgement.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Shit. What a man, what a band. I’ve seen them a few times live....I seem to remember one time was just after Arthur Kane had died.

That’s my Friday playlist sorted. RIP and thank you xx

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
this is sad news - Sylvain Sylvain has passed away, guitarist in the New York Dolls along with Johnny Thunders. Trailblazers or Mock Rock? either way you look at it, hugely influential, managed by Malcolm Maclaren a while before the Pistols appeared on the scene.

Trailblazers for me, they created a specific rock blue-print which many have followed.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Think we’ve done as many songs on YT as we can find, following up with a bit of Motörhead, it’s all rock n roll you know \ö/

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here