Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] If you're Potter OUT, what would it take for you to change your mind?

Shooting Star

Apr 29, 2011
Suffolk
Yawn, yawn, another Potter in/out thread, I know.

With the seemingly growing divide between those who want to stick with GP and those who don't, there appears a frustration with those who seem to cling to their view, no matter what. For example, I've only recently shifted to thinking we need a change in manager and struggle with those are seem like they'd stick with GP even if we were getting battered 5-0 every week. There's probably those who are pro-GP who feel the same about those Potter-out fans who'd still feel that way even if we went on to finish mid-table.

So, if you're Potter OUT, what would it take for you to change your mind? Beating Leeds and Fulham? Staying up? Bettering last season's points tally? Or something else?

For fairness, here's the If you're Potter IN, what would it take for you to change your mind? thread: https://www.northstandchat.com/show...you-to-change-your-mind&p=9686501#post9686501

junior

Dec 1, 2003
Didsbury, Manchester
Firstly i want to watch a match feeling like we might score some goals. I'm convinced the lack of goals is down to the way he wants the players to play and them loosing their confidence as a result of this.

I wouldn't even mind some 2-3, 2-4 or 3-4 defeats. I just want to believe that we can score some goals.

At the moment i don't expect us to score, and i always expect the defence to have a ricket and let one in. As soon as the opposition score i don't have faith we can turn it around.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Posted on wrong thread. Will repost on the mirror thread.

Lenny Rider

Sep 15, 2010
Good question.

A settled side, this is the best squad this club has ever had, but its fairly clear, injury allowing, what our best 11 is, try as best he can keep this as a constant.

Wins obviously, I don't think we can get the 7 talked about elsewhere on NSC, but I think with a settled side we can beat Fulham, Palace, Newcastle, Sheffield United and WBA, with a few draws thrown in we could still finish in at least 17th place, but perhaps with the lowest points total of a side staying up.

But its all dependent in GP stepping up to the plate, going with his strongest side and not tinkering as much as he can do, and key figures getting their confidences back.

I am alarmed that in 18 months Trossard has gone from being one of the most exciting new talents outside the top six to the worst player on the pitch (both teams) at Newport.

Who is that down to Trossard or Potter?

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
There are some fans on here, no names no pack drill, who’d still want him out if we went on a 10 game winning run imo

Fred Oliver - Legend

Jul 20, 2005
Valley Park

With the seemingly growing divide between those who want to stick with GP and those who don't, there appears a frustration with those who seem to cling to their view, no matter what. For example, I've only recently shifted to thinking we need a change in manager and struggle with those are seem like they'd stick with GP even if we were getting battered 5-0 every week. There's probably those who are pro-GP who feel the same about those Potter-out fans who'd still feel that way even if we went on to finish mid-table.

So, if you're Potter OUT, what would it take for you to change your mind? Beating Leeds and Fulham? Staying up? Bettering last season's points tally? Or something else?

For fairness, here's the If you're Potter IN, what would it take for you to change your mind? thread: https://www.northstandchat.com/show...you-to-change-your-mind&p=9686501#post9686501

Absolutely nothing, the guy is so far out of his depth. He needs to go and he needs to go now. Bloom and those fans that are still backing Piss Pot are ****ing this up. We should All be on his back to get shot of him, he’s so lucky we are not there. We need to find other ways to force Tony’s hand to get rid.

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Good question.

A settled side, this is the best squad this club has ever had, but its fairly clear, injury allowing, what our best 11 is, try as best he can keep this as a constant.

Wins obviously, I don't think we can get the 7 talked about elsewhere on NSC, but I think with a settled side we can beat Fulham, Palace, Newcastle, Sheffield United and WBA, with a few draws thrown in we could still finish in at least 17th place, but perhaps with the lowest points total of a side staying up.

But its all dependent in GP stepping up to the plate, going with his strongest side and not tinkering as much as he can do, and key figures getting their confidences back.

I am alarmed that in 18 months Trossard has gone from being one of the most exciting new talents outside the top six to the worst player on the pitch (both teams) at Newport.

Who is that down to Trossard or Potter?

Do you really believe that Trossard could ever shine on a ploughed field against League 2 cloggers? His game is based on close skills and slick passing, almost impossible in the aforementioned circumstances. A team of Duffys is what we need in games like that imo.

However we very seldom play in those circumstances, so cut him some slack eh?

I bet you really miss doing the phone in, I know I miss you doing it. My standout memory is you getting chewed out by Trolley :lolol:

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
It's easy. Start winning games. That is all that is missing but its an important part of the game.

^^ This ^^

I'd rather we weren't relegated, pretty football or not.

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
Absolutely nothing, the guy is so far out of his depth. He needs to go and he needs to go now. Bloom and those fans that are still backing Piss Pot are ****ing this up. We should All be on his back to get shot of him, he’s so lucky we are not there. We need to find other ways to force Tony’s hand to get rid.

[emoji23]

Seagull58

In the Algarve
Jan 31, 2012
Vilamoura, Portugal
4 points minimum from Leeds and Fulham, then keep us up and I will give him another season but he simply has to find a way for us to be more incisive in the final third. If we don't beat Leeds or Fulham then I want him out immediately.

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003

Stick to peddling the Argus on the pitch side :lolol:

Peteinblack

NSC Patron
Jun 3, 2004
Bath, Somerset.
4 points minimum from Leeds and Fulham, then keep us up and I will give him another season but he simply has to find a way for us to be more incisive in the final third. If we don't beat Leeds or Fulham then I want him out immediately.

This ^

Lenny Rider

Sep 15, 2010
Do you really believe that Trossard could ever shine on a ploughed field against League 2 cloggers? His game is based on close skills and slick passing, almost impossible in the aforementioned circumstances. A team of Duffys is what we need in games like that imo.

However we very seldom play in those circumstances, so cut him some slack eh?

I bet you really miss doing the phone in, I know I miss you doing it. My standout memory is you getting chewed out by Trolley :lolol:

At the end of our heated exchange I simply asked him to prove me wrong, and sadly Albion history tells he didn't.

At least I didn't make him walk home from Burnley, at that time a ring wing hot bed, during the 2005 election, like someone else did. :)

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
At the end of our heated exchange I simply asked him to prove me wrong, and sadly Albion history tells he didn't.

At least I didn't make him walk home from Burnley, at that time a ring wing hot bed, during the 2005 election, like someone else did. ;)

It was great entertainment as a listener, that’s all that really matters :thumbsup:

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water
Pick the best team (injuries permitting) and play the players in their best positions and stop overthinking the opposition - let the opposition worry about us.

BTW Lamptey is a massive miss for us

Note : I'm Potter in.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Oh, one other thing beyond results, stop looking like a bunch of hopeless amateurs at every set piece

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton

Simple, 8 points from our next 5 league games [emoji106]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
There are some fans on here, no names no pack drill, who’d still want him out if we went on a 10 game winning run imo

Not me. I liked him when he first came and I gave him a season as he'd inherited CH's squad, needed to transform quickly and had the Covid curveball. All that I saw last season suggested we would kick on this season. And then........

So, we need to kick on. Win some games. Stop bloody drawing them. Right now we look like we will draw against good teams by giving them a run for their money and draw against bad teams by not breaking them down, not taking our chances and / or not holding the lead if we do manage to take it. West Brom an absolutely classic case in point, but Newport too.

It's probably "fine margins" but if we can still keep giving the likes of Liverpool and City a game in our free hits and turn the 0 or 1 pointers against the teams in our mini league to 3s then I'm back on board.

My caveat is that I don't believe he knows how to do that. Ostersunds and a season a Swansea does not prepare you for this league.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here