Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] If you're Potter IN, what would it take for you to change your mind?

Shooting Star

Apr 29, 2011
Suffolk
Yawn, yawn, another Potter in/out thread, I know.

With the seemingly growing divide between those who want to stick with GP and those who don't, there appears a frustration with those who seem to cling to their view, no matter what. For example, I've only recently shifted to thinking we need a change in manager and struggle with those are seem like they'd stick with GP even if we were getting battered 5-0 every week. There's probably those who are pro-GP who feel the same about those Potter-out fans who'd still feel that way even if we went on to finish mid-table.

So, if you're Potter IN, what would it take for you to change your mind? Losing to Leeds and Fulham? Finishing below CH's lowest points tally of 36? Relegation? Or something else?

For fairness, here's the If you're Potter OUT, what would it take for you to change your mind? thread: https://www.northstandchat.com/show...you-to-change-your-mind&p=9686504#post9686504

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Playing like we did for the final six months of Hughton's reign, there was zero enjoyment then home or away. And a shift from introducing young exciting players playing first team matches.

m@goo

Feb 20, 2020
When/if the players stop trying and when you can see they've given up, that's when he needs to go.

Even if we went down I'd still stick with him because even though he does do some things I find odd or frustrating we are still threatening and still create chances. Just need players that can finish but that's the difference between a top 6 player and a bottom 6 player.

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
For a start, being more than 5 pts off the staying up tracker after the end of Feb.

We are looking for 12 pts from the next 8 games.
If we get 7 or less, I will start to change my mind on whether I think we are odds on to stay up.

If we aren't improving defensively by then and the team are still making bad decisions on the field, then I think questions can be asked about Potter's management.

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
If relegated, being outside the Championship top 6 come December.

I do love the expansive style of football that Potter's brought.and wouldn't want to see it go.

But if we did go down and looked unlikely to come straight back up again, GP should do the honourable thing and fall on his sword before Tony does it for him.

schmunk

"Members"
Jan 19, 2018
Mid mid mid Sussex
alens.jpg

Reddleman

May 17, 2017
Even if we are relegated I would give him the chance to get us up. If by say Christmas we weren’t seriously threatening the automatic promotion spots that for me would be the point to change manager.

I look at the transformations of Villa and Southampton when people were shouting for their managers to be sacked. The guys not even had two seasons yet and did better than expected last season despite it being arguably the most challenging circumstances any manager has dealt with.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Playing like we did for the final six months of Hughton's reign, there was zero enjoyment then home or away. And a shift from introducing young exciting players playing first team matches.

This. We’ve got a decent plan, it will pay dividends down the line even if it means a year in the Championship.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
For a start, being more than 5 pts off the staying up tracker after the end of Feb.

We are looking for 12 pts from the next 8 games.
If we get 7 or less, I will start to change my mind on whether I think we are odds on to stay up.

If we aren't improving defensively by then and the team are still making bad decisions on the field, then I think questions can be asked about Potter's management.
I have to say - 5 points off the tracker is actually a LOT, that means we've left over a quarter of points that we considered were "par" on the table. That's dreadful.

I am still in. The players are playing for him, and we have definitely been unlucky. However, at some point he has to be held accountable for crap results. I always said I'd give him at least until the end of Jan before forming an opinion (after the transfer window shuts, and over half a season played). I think I am content to give him until Burnley away (6th Feb) and assess then. If we look in trouble by then, 5 league games, 1 cup game on from now, I may reluctantly revise my position as there is only one game there that isn't really winnable.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here