Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Where would you rank Graham Potter amongst current English club managers?

Where would you rank Graham Potter amongst current English club managers?

• 1st

Votes: 41 30.8%
  • 2nd

Votes: 9 6.8%
  • 3rd

Votes: 13 9.8%
  • 4th

Votes: 5 3.8%
  • 5th

Votes: 12 9.0%
  • 6th

Votes: 3 2.3%
  • 7th

Votes: 2 1.5%
  • 8th

• 9th

Votes: 1 0.8%
  • 10th

Votes: 6 4.5%
  • 11th

• 12th

• 13th

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 14th

• 15th or lower

Votes: 35 26.3%

• Total voters

Jolly Red Giant

Jul 11, 2015
Only as much as he is Ghanaian, English by birth.

nah - nah - nah - Chris Hughton is Irish - and regards himself as Irish (and always has).

Oh come on. He's more English than Declan Rice. Chris is one of us.

Again - Chris Hughton is Irish - he is one of us -

As for Declan Rice after tweeting about supporting the 'RA - he followed the money

I wonder why Lampard was not on that list. He is the only English manager at a glamour club with a chance of winning anything. .

Probably because he is not any good.

Hampster Gull

Dec 22, 2010
I would have him fairly low, he hasn't proved much, but he is promising for sure, would like to see him have more experience as assistant coach, buts hes doing it his way, succeed big or fail big

SEWDONIM

Dec 14, 2020
I would put him up towards the top, but only because there’s a lot of English managers who think football is about having 7ft forwards and centre backs, and neglect the role of the midfield.

Iggle Piggle

Sep 3, 2010
nah - nah - nah - Chris Hughton is Irish - and regards himself as Irish (and always has).

Again - Chris Hughton is Irish - he is one of us -

As for Declan Rice after tweeting about supporting the 'RA - he followed the money

Probably because he is not any good.

He's one of us.

You can keep Tony Cascarino.

Jolly Red Giant

Jul 11, 2015
He's one of us.

You can keep Tony Cascarino.

Nah - you can claim all you want - but it doesn't wash sunshine - and for your information - Hughton's mother was Irish - Rice's connection with Ireland was through his paternal grandparents.

And by the way - Cascarino has the same connection with Ireland that John Barnes ,Tony Dorigo, Cyrille Regis, Luther Blissett, John Salako, Raheem Sterling had with England - in other words - nada.

Iggle Piggle

Sep 3, 2010
Nah - you can claim all you want - but it doesn't wash sunshine - and for your information - Hughton's mother was Irish - Rice's connection with Ireland was through his paternal grandparents.

And by the way - Cascarino has the same connection with Ireland that John Barnes ,Tony Dorigo, Cyrille Regis, Luther Blissett, John Salako, Raheem Sterling had with England - in other words - nada.

Why do you think I mentioned TC sunshine? He famously wanted to play football for England B as he wasn't good enough for the A team and made up an Irish granny.. All the players in that era did the same to get International football. They really wanted to play for England A.

Why do you think i mentioned Rice? That famously English bloke named Declan now plays for England A. He's as English as the Giants Causeway.

Come on. Spot the wind up. Its not that hard.. Its as easy as telling a Scotch bloke their league has 2 teams and the 3rd is no better than Macclesfield.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Still not sure where to place him but he may have gone up a place overnight. Outwitting the world’s best and most inspirational manager is a big plus for our Graham.

Getting a player who’d rather have been playing for the opposition close to being MOTM is no small achievement either.

Jolly Red Giant

Jul 11, 2015
Why do you think I mentioned TC sunshine? He famously wanted to play football for England B as he wasn't good enough for the A team and made up an Irish granny.. All the players in that era did the same to get International football. They really wanted to play for England A.

Why do you think i mentioned Rice? That famously English bloke named Declan now plays for England A. He's as English as the Giants Causeway.

Come on. Spot the wind up. Its not that hard.. Its as easy as telling a Scotch bloke their league has 2 teams and the 3rd is no better than Macclesfield.

The Brits have been trying to claim Irish stuff for centuries - yeez ain't getting away with that shite anymore.

I'm old enough to remember when George Best was making fools of every English defender in the First Division the Brits were claiming he was British - and when he went on a bender he was Irish.

And no - you are not getting the Giants Causeway either (and just for clarity - the Giants Causeway isn't in England - personally I would blame the crap English education system for your poor knowledge of Geography).

e77

May 23, 2004
Worthing
Would depend on the job on offer. If the England job came up I would be looking at Lampard, Potter or possibly Gerrard if his next job is in a more major league.

If I wanted a manager to keep my team up it would be Dyche.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here