Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] 7 wins .... more or less.... possible/probable??

heathgate

NSC Patron
Apr 13, 2015
Survival is the name of the game,... I think we need seven wins, do you think we have enough of an edge to achieve that? Personally I can only see about 4 or 5... leaving us to snatch some surprise draws to survive.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
We've drawn 8 out of 18 games. Why would any more draws be a surprise?

I think the next two game are huge. If we can win them both(I know, unlikely given we've only won two all season...) that would be a massive psychological boost and would probably give us a healthy cushion over the bottom 3.

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
We have the smallest chance in beating Fulham, west Brom and Newcastle cant see many more wins other than that

Sent from my SM-A600FN using Tapatalk

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
The failure to get hardly any wins on the board in the first half of the season puts a helluva lot of pressure on the second half of the season. 7 wins sounds like an enormous ask

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Can’t see us getting 7, more likely 3, possibly 4, just need to hope that’ll be enough to keep us up. Best hope is for the season to be scrapped.

Peteinblack

NSC Patron
Jun 3, 2004
Bath, Somerset.
The failure to get hardly any wins on the board in the first half of the season puts a helluva lot of pressure on the second half of the season. 7 wins sounds like an enormous ask

Indeed, which is why I was shocked by NSC posters in the autumn who were excusing our poor form by complacently claiming "There's a long way to go yet. We've plenty of time to turn things around. We're playing well, so the wins will come soon. Shut-up you bed-wetters and keep the faith. We'll pick up points after Christmas."

Well, here we are mid-January, one place and 2 points above the relegation zone, and Fulham have 2 games in hand...…...

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
We have the smallest chance in beating Fulham, west Brom and Newcastle cant see many more wins other than that

Sent from my SM-A600FN using Tapatalk

Disagree, on our day we can beat anyone. We're not playing like a relegation side, but things need tweeking to get us out of the hole

Peteinblack

NSC Patron
Jun 3, 2004
Bath, Somerset.
It’s a long slow death which is hurting the most.

Along with the optimism that many of us had when the season started, that this season would see us aiming towards lower mid-table consolidation, and that our possession-based football would start producing more wins.

Fred Oliver - Legend

Jul 20, 2005
Valley Park
Indeed, which is why I was shocked by NSC posters in the autumn who were excusing our poor form by complacently claiming "There's a long way to go yet. We've plenty of time to turn things around. We're playing well, so the wins will come soon. Shut-up you bed-wetters and keep the faith. We'll pick up points after Christmas."

Well, here we are mid-January, one place and 2 points above the relegation zone, and Fulham have 2 games in hand...…...

Completely agree, it’s clear that those muppets don’t understand football or take football seriously. They are an embarrassment to our fan base. It’s the same for the jokers who are still backing Potter. Clueless springs to mind.

Peteinblack

NSC Patron
Jun 3, 2004
Bath, Somerset.
Disagree, on our day we can beat anyone. We're not playing like a relegation side, but things need tweeking to get us out of the hole

Two wins this season suggests that it is very rarely 'our day', and I really don't know how or when this is going to change: our attacks fizzle out (as we play one pass or touch too many on the edge of the opponent's penalty area), our strikers seem to have lost the potential they showed last season, we're defensively frail, and Potter himself sadly appears increasingly out-of-his-depth.

So far, we've failed win home games against West Brom, Sheffield Utd and Burnley, all of whom were below us at the time, so I really don't know where the improvement - and necessary points - are suddenly going to appear from. We really do seem to be sleep-walking back to the Championship, and cold wet Tuesday nights at Stoke, Barnsley and Huddersfield!

Perfidious Albion

Oct 25, 2011
At the end of my tether
Leeds away is the 19th game, mid point in the season. If ,as is likely we draw it then we would have 15 points . If we continue as we have done our season would end with 30 points.
Who has ever stayed up with 30 points?

southstandandy

WEST STAND ANDY
Jul 9, 2003
Why would we need 7 wins? Only 2 so far has outside the relegation zone at the halfway stage

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

7 wins or 21 more points whether from a mixture of draws and wins would see us hit the 35 point mark, and pretty much this has been the rough survival mark over the last few seasons to stay up.

If we repeat the first half of the season and get another 14 points then I'm pretty sure a total of 28 won't be enough.

I don't mind how we get them, whether loads of draws or 7 wins but pretty sure the 35 point target will still be needed to stay up. Just my view.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex

Any chance of some warning when that day is approaching.

I, for one, want to be there. (Well, watching a dodgy stream anyway)

I can tell the grandchildren that "I WAS THERE" (virtually) when Brighton won another game. Just imagine - it could even be a home game. Dare we dream?

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
I think you'll find we haven't failed to hardly get any wins at all.

:thumbsup:

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
These two games feel massive. The fact they sit at the mid-way point. Fulham's resurgence. Leeds inconsistency. A little bit of confidence from the last 2 league games. Season defining I suspect.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here