Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] What is more important to you as an Albion fan.

What is more important to you as an Albion fan?

• Total voters

Worried Man Blues

Feb 28, 2009
Swansea
Other................... there are advantages to me from seeing us in any division, if I watched for the results I would have stopped ages ago! Obviously it's nice winning and being entertained but drinking before hand deadens the pain!

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
This is quite a divisive thread, isn't it?

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
When we were first promoted staying up was the only thing that mattered. I almost revelled in Hughton's Metal Machine Music football.
But after a couple of seasons the statement had been made. Simply finishing 14th or whatever by any means wasn't going to be enough. I love to be entertained: I wanted my team to play great football again.
Then Potter arrived and combined beautiful football with just about good enough results which would have been absolutely good enough but for the width of a goalpost.
If we are ever, somehow, to 'do a Leicester' or get near to it, it will be under Potter. I genuinely don't think anyone else is capable of taking us there. It will be because he has managed to get the players to perform at the standard necessary to get his ideas across on the pitch more or less all the time.
It's a huge ask, but wonderful fun watching him try. I literally have never seen better football from the Albion.

And as for 'tinkering' or 'not knowing his best team' - his best team is the one he selects for each match. It would only be 'tinkering' if we were playing the same opposition every week.* He selects a team to play the players we are up against. It is a completely logical way of managing.
(*Now there's an idea. Leeds. Please :))

This. You and I are the same age. Good now, innit? :thumbsup:

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
When we were first promoted staying up was the only thing that mattered. I almost revelled in Hughton's Metal Machine Music football.
But after a couple of seasons the statement had been made. Simply finishing 14th or whatever by any means wasn't going to be enough. I love to be entertained: I wanted my team to play great football again.
Then Potter arrived and combined beautiful football with just about good enough results which would have been absolutely good enough but for the width of a goalpost.
If we are ever, somehow, to 'do a Leicester' or get near to it, it will be under Potter. I genuinely don't think anyone else is capable of taking us there. It will be because he has managed to get the players to perform at the standard necessary to get his ideas across on the pitch more or less all the time.
It's a huge ask, but wonderful fun watching him try. I literally have never seen better football from the Albion.

And as for 'tinkering' or 'not knowing his best team' - his best team is the one he selects for each match. It would only be 'tinkering' if we were playing the same opposition every week.* He selects a team to play the players we are up against. It is a completely logical way of managing.

Strong post and indicates why so many people are on the fence.

I disagree with your statement that if we are ever to do a Leicester it will be under Potter, but I take the point. We need a creative manager. That said, it’s questionable how vital Leicester’s manager was given what happened to him the next season.

My concerns with Potter relate to how inflexible he is. Yes, he has us playing an attractive brand of football, but it doesn’t get results, and part of the joy of being a fan (a big part) is winning. And I think the reason we don’t get results is because we are fairly easy to set up against. I think we have been predictable in our style (if not in our team selection), and I’d like to see GP do more of what he did in the second half against Man City and switch formations. Personally, I don’t think he has been savvy enough in doing this.

As for team selections, like Eddie Jones he wants a squad of starters and finishers but I hope that has been communicated to the team. At present, certain selections don’t make sense and that can annoy fans, especially when we get results.

I want to be convinced he is the right man for us. I hope that I am.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003

I love this post as I completely agree. We are blessed with TB and Potter imo, loving the rather bumpy ride too

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton

Couldn’t put it any better myself, well said [emoji122][emoji122][emoji122][emoji122]

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton

Another top post Attila, once again summing up exactly my feelings.

Jeremiah

God is great
Mar 15, 2020
Hove
Its got to be the result.

For me it affects everything - if we play poorly and win I feel good and happy and the performance is forgotten however if we play really well (Man Utd this season) and lose it doesn't uplift me but brings me down even more than a poor performance and a loss.

At the end of the day you reflect on the glory days (wins and achievements) not the dross that@s why there is a league table.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here