Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] What is more important to you as an Albion fan.

What is more important to you as an Albion fan?

• Total voters

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Try to avoid being either pro or anti the current manager and look at it just from your football watching perspective.

Do you watch Albion to be entertained or are you willing to sacrifice the entertainment for results and keeping PL status?

This poll was inspired by [MENTION=70]Easy 10[/MENTION] comment on the PL thread about how dull Palace are to watch.

Palace fans votes and comments welcomed too :smile:

Last edited:

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
I’m not sure it’s exclusive to one particular answer. Right now I’d love to go to any game of any standard and be stood next to my mates as we have done for decades. I enjoy watching good football and I love seeing the Albion win, those two things don’t necessarily have to go hand in hand. It’s difficult to pinpoint one above the others for me.

I abstain :lol:

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
Try to avoid being either pro or anti the current manager and look at it just from your football watching perspective.

Do you watch Albion to be entertained or are you willing to sacrifice the entertainment for results and keeping PL status?

This poll was inspired by [MENTION=21064]easy[/MENTION]10 comment on the PL thread about how dull Palace are to watch.

It took us long enough to get back to the top flight, I want to stay in the division and i would like us to be mid table like the filth up the road, I mean how the **** do they manage it better than us?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
I’m not sure it’s exclusive to one particular answer. Right now I’d love to go to any game of any standard and be stood next to my mates as we have done for decades. I enjoy watching good football and I love seeing the Albion win, those two things don’t necessarily have to go hand in hand. It’s difficult to pinpoint one above the others for me.

I abstain :lol:

“Other” is not your friend? I think that this might be the winner in this poll!

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
I’m not sure I accept your premise.

I get entertained watching us play attractive football. I get a lot more entertained by us winning (though this may be a false memory, lost in the the mists of time).

Also, my entertainment derived from watching us win has almost nothing to do with a desire to stay in the PL. Rather, it’s just that I very much like watching us beat the opposition. Especially if that opposition is Palace.

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
I’m not sure I accept your premise.

I get entertained watching us play attractive football. I get a lot more entertained by us winning (though this may be a false memory, lost in the the mists of time).

Also, my entertainment derived from watching us win has almost nothing to do with a desire to stay in the PL. Rather, it’s just that I very much like watching us beat the opposition. Especially if that opposition is Palace.

How does that work? If we beat the opposition we stay in the PL (don’t most of us want to stay up in fairness) so it seems that you would settle for being dull but successful over entertaining and relegated. The option for entertaining and staying up is not in the poll, as that is a complete no brainer! :wink:

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
How does that work? If we beat the opposition we stay in the PL (don’t most of us want to stay up in fairness) so it seems that you would settle for being dull but successful over entertaining and relegated. The option for entertaining and staying up is not in the poll, as that is a complete no brainer! :wink:

It’s about my motivation.

Yes, if we win, we stay up, obviously. But staying up is not why I want us to win. I want us to win for the short term pleasure of seeing my team beat the opposition. Staying up is a consequence, not the goal I seek.

Gabbafella

Aug 22, 2012
Not just one answer from me.
The mixture of entertainment and results go hand in hand. Supporting the Albion has never really been a results driven affair, but if we don't start getting them then we won't stay in this league, without the huge amounts of money that the club gains from being in this league, you won't attract the players that bring the entertainment and enjoyment.
Sure, the championship is a great league and our time there was good to watch, but I'd rather we fight to stay where we are, bring in better players and push up the table. We're in arguably the greatest league on the planet, I would like us to stay there.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
You know my view [MENTION=19]Icy Gull[/MENTION] .

I think we did a similar poll last season and my view hasn’t changed.

I want my team to win, I don’t care how and am miserable when we lose.

It’s nice if we are entertained in the process but not essential. As CH and GP have demonstrated there is more than one way to play football and effectively achieve similar results.

Just win [emoji2]

Sorry on phone haven’t seen options

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Perfidious Albion

Oct 25, 2011
At the end of my tether
It is very hard to describe my feelings and they don’t fit into a tick box category.
Of course I want to see skilful entertaining football from my club, but it is not enjoyable to have them keep losing. Eventually we lose the belief that they can win.
To win some then lose some is fine but we are not doing that.
I ask, can a provincial club on a limited budget expect entertaining skills in the Premiership ? Or do we have to be realistic and accept that the players we can attract are average and concentrate on stopping the best from playing?
Actually , although relegation would be disappointing after all the hard work, I would enjoy the Championship better , with no ruddy VAR!

Blue3

Jan 27, 2014
Lancing
Interesting yet equally difficult to give an answer as it depends on where we are at that moment.

We all want to be entertained but would be happy to temporarily watch the team grind out results if it ment avoiding relegation.

It's always a social day out win or lose so that's my answer

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade

This poll was inspired by [MENTION=70]Easy 10[/MENTION] comment on the PL thread about how dull Palace are to watch.

Palace fans votes and comments welcomed too :smile:

There's no one thing that fits.

When things are "normal" football is a social day out for me. That said, when I'm there and we're at home, I want us to win. Mugging a side 1-0 with the opposition having dominated and us getting a lucky goal is arguably more enjoyable than a straight forward deserved victory, but only at the end when you're having a beer and laughing about it. During the game it's more relaxing if we're bossing it and that is reflected on the score board. I'll give you an example. During the Man U home game we probably enjoyed more of the game than them but in the aftermath they were celebrating and laughing about it and we were blaming VAR, timekeeping, unbelievable bad luck on finishing etc, chewing ourselves up over what might have been, I'd rather have been them. An away day however is just a day out on the beer. I have no expectation of a result whatsoever.

In Covid times, however, I just want a result, and I don't care how it comes. You get nothing at all for nice football on the telly. In fact, with the camera focussed on the ball, half the time you can't tell what we're doing tactically anyway.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
It’s a social day out for me, I’ll take whatever comes. ???
I remember those days but what’s the point of having that as an answer at this time?

Wellesley

Jul 24, 2013
Results and I'm sure our squad could get them too.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
I'm going for a different tangent on answering the question. Given our history, what is most important to me is the club survives as a going entity and in the league. Anything else is a bonus.

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
I want us to be the best we can be and my feeling is we won't do this if we get relegated this year. If we get relegated I can live with it if I feel we have a chance of coming back but in present circumstances I want us to be an established premier league team with a soul and a connection to the community. Trophies and Europe just an extra.

Boroseagull

Aug 23, 2003
Alhaurin de la Torre
I have to view from a different, distant, perspective. I can hope to see a live game every year or so therefore my viewing is solely via TV. I have always wanted my team to be successful so if it sometimes has to be 'ugly' I don't care - as long as they win.

SAC

May 21, 2014
Most important is meeting with mates, most of whom only get seen at football. After that it's about the result, an undeserved win can be more entertaining than a deserved one in particular if you can see the faces of the losing fans. Winning is entertaining, losing and drawing can be entertaining but only if sprinkled with a few wins. Losing is only very occasionally entertaining.

In the early/mid 80s I lived near Plough Lane and would go to watch Wimbledon. The media derided them as the football wasn't football but it was great fun to watch them beating teams that (apparently) they shouldn't have been. I never saw them in person but watching Tony Pulis Stoke beat Arsenal on MOTD was always great fun.

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
Not expecting (or wanting) us to win every game and obviously enjoy watching us play well but constant defeats/scraping draws just saps the soul a little each time. I'd be much more entertained seeing us win occasionally.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here