Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[TV] Question Time vs Newsnight

Question Time vs Newsnight - Which is your choice?

• Question Time

Votes: 5 14.7%
  • Newsnight

Votes: 15 44.1%
  • Neither

Votes: 10 29.4%
  • Both utilising the power of BBC iPlayer

Votes: 4 11.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Blue3

Jan 27, 2014
Lancing
Currently watching question time as not watched it for a while and I am obviously aware we don't have any national elections or referndum on the horizon so the quality of guests is B grade and the social remote audience although nessasary only adds to what has become poor TV, it's not the same without Sir David

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Currently watching question time as not watched it for a while and I am obviously aware we don't have any national elections or referndum on the horizon so the quality of guests is B grade and the social remote audience although nessasary only adds to what has become poor TV, it's not the same without Sir David

I once had a conversation with him whilst he was waiting for a cab. I told him how much I liked the programme and the conservation got onto Margeret Thatcher who had recently died. He said "Well let me tell you a funny story about her..."

Unfortunately, his PA then turned up and whisked him away.

:annoyed:

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patreon
Jan 3, 2012
Newsnight every time. Emily Maitlis rules...... and not just because she looks good.... in fact not at all because she looks good.
Tenacious and well informed as an interviewer.

SCassidy

Dec 2, 2020
Newsnight. Maitlis over Bruce every day of the week.

Also, Newsnight actually looks at issues in some depth. QT just gets sound bites off politicians and members of the public.You usually end up with people talking over each other. Not for me.

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
The Brucemeister all day

FB1.jpg

Lifelong Supporter

Aug 4, 2009
Burgess Hill
Different style of programme really.

Question Time for one night a week and Newsnight for the other nights is fine with me. Newsnight much more factual and direct. Question Time much more a debate. Both good.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Stopped watching Question Time ages ago when it just became a shouting free for all.

Is it any better these days ?

Newsnight every time. Emily Maitlis rules...... and not just because she looks good.... in fact not at all because she looks good.
Tenacious and well informed as an interviewer.

Will have to disagree, she often sounds like she's just skimmed Twitter for the day for research, when she's up against someone who really knows their stuff, she flaps. The faux aggressive style many presenters like her adopt is a distraction for me, good interviewers should be cool and dispassionate and draw people into mistakes, but she just comes as querulous and bull-in-china-shop

Lower West Stander

Mar 25, 2012
Back in Sussex
Stopped watching Question Time ages ago when it just became a shouting free for all.

Is it any better these days ?

Me too.

It went all woke as well. Felt there are only certain opinions you were allowed to have - took me back to my student days in the 80s when debates were comprised only of what the organisers wanted to hear.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Where would we be now without Question Time? They gave Farage a season ticket (35 times)

Little surprise we opted for self harm...

Capture.JPG

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here