Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Bernado to Salzburg

Fignon's Ponytail

Jun 29, 2012
On the Beach
Wouldn't wish Salzburg (the town) on me worst enemy. Horrible place :lol:

:wink:

However will he cope out there....? :eek:

Salzburg-in-Winter.jpgStadtansicht_Winter.jpg5505271dd5728f6f75f759b9ec261350.jpg

Thoughts and prayers....:laugh:

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
Highly unlikely he'll be involved this weekend and probably for at least couple of weeks beyond that. He hasn't played since the start of December due to injury and then the Polish League went into winter break. He's also got at least 5 days self isolation when he gets into the country before he can start training with us.

My guess is that the first we will see of him will be the Leicester cup game .... assuming we both get through our 4th round ties!!!

Eric Youngs Contact Lens

Dec 9, 2020
East Sussex
I'm disappointed how his time here has played out.. I think its the right thing for him BTW, as I think his confidence has taken such a knock, he is not the player he was or could have been for us. I remember being so pleased when he arrived that we had what looked like (and i think was initially) an upgrade on Bong; a player who was more athletic , looked like he could recover and be better 1 v 1 . I remember watching the West Ham 2-2 draw at the London Stadium, where we threw away a 2-0 lead and my memory at least is that the game turned when he went off injured. I really thought he would be a great option for left-sided centre-back, or marauding full-back, but alas, not to be. His lack of game time last season has clearly impacted him and he probably has had the sense that this is not the place for him for some time. I will miss him and his efforts, especially vs. Palace Home and away, in the "double" season.. Good luck for the future Bernardo

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
I taught my 4 year old to say his name with the illusion of rolling the ‘r’ by saying ‘Banana Dough’ very quickly. His transfer will mean less excuse to shout his name which is saddening.

Live by the sea

Oct 21, 2016
Bernie was a lot better player than some people give him credit for . Yes he makes occasional mistakes but so do all defenders .

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
Thought he was very good when he replaced Bong at left back . Potter obviously doesnt rate him although I think it is more because he prefers 6 7 Burn so that he can get on end of keepers long kicks.

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009
I am so disappointed, he started the first season under Potter injured and never really regained his spot having been superb for CH. I long for him to be a success here and show what he is fully capable of but fear his chance has gone

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
Really That’s extreme IMO even Sensationalist
HKFC are you prepared to align yourself with BW2 aka Don’t Panic jonesy ?
On this issue ?
Play a gangly Gk as LB ? FFS grow up
Or can I claim my prize You are Crodo in disguise ?

Not Crodo.

There was no rubbish poll!

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
Surprised and a bit disappointed by this. Good player to have in the squad and, as others have said, much less of a liability than Burn.

Badger Boy

Mr Badger
Jan 28, 2016
Played to his strengths, he'll be a good player again. Salzburg have got themselves a good deal and so have we - he'll play for them and that will increase his market value for a summer sale. Potentially to RB Leipzig - Angelino is only on loan from Man City so he might go back.

Doc Lynam

I hate the Daily Mail
Jun 19, 2011
How he is a success at his new club and gets a permanent move. Met him a couple of times and comes across as a sound guy, just not up to the demands of Potter and the Prem.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here