Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Bernado to Salzburg

Cozzy

Jul 26, 2018
Grimsby
The problem I have with Bernado is I never know what position he is supposed to be playing , now whether that is the orders of GP or him just doing his own thing I dont know but in the last game against City I thought he was LWB but unless its just my eyes he spent 90% the time either in the middle of midfield or as an inside left striker and was rarely actually in what I would call the traditional LWB / LB position.

Often the left sided CB (Webster or Burn) has been slated for errors but IMHO half the time its actually the LWB/LB not supporting them enough and playing too high up the pitch and not tracking back which is how I see Bernado , much too of the winger not enough of the back defending.

Latest reports are - " Karbownik ‘definitely says goodbye’ to Legia Warsaw" & "option to return to Warsaw or move to Anderlecht on loan no longer exists" which sounds like he is incomming to the Albion though has a bit that could be worrying "The only thing that worries me is that Michał has not been training with full loads for five weeks. If he were healthy, I am convinced that his form could help both Legia and Brighton. This boy is just highly skilled" quoted bu his agent.

http://sportwitness.co.uk/belief-pl...ll-move-brighton-agent-talks-transfer-clause/

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
The problem I have with Bernado is I never know what position he is supposed to be playing , now whether that is the orders of GP or him just doing his own thing I dont know but in the last game against City I thought he was LWB but unless its just my eyes he spent 90% the time either in the middle of midfield or as an inside left striker and was rarely actually in what I would call the traditional LWB / LB position.

Often the left sided CB (Webster or Burn) has been slated for errors but IMHO half the time its actually the LWB/LB not supporting them enough and playing too high up the pitch and not tracking back which is how I see Bernado , much too of the winger not enough of the back defending.

Latest reports are - " Karbownik ‘definitely says goodbye’ to Legia Warsaw" & "option to return to Warsaw or move to Anderlecht on loan no longer exists" which sounds like he is incomming to the Albion though has a bit that could be worrying "The only thing that worries me is that Michał has not been training with full loads for five weeks. If he were healthy, I am convinced that his form could help both Legia and Brighton. This boy is just highly skilled" quoted bu his agent.

http://sportwitness.co.uk/belief-pl...ll-move-brighton-agent-talks-transfer-clause/

Thanks for this.
On Bernardo, pretty sure he was given instructions to play a strange role against City (he would have been hauled off if he wasn't, because he played such an unorthodox role, I'd imagine) but that doesn't mean that positioning is hardly his greatest strength. It's only under Potter and courtesy of [MENTION=38333]Swansman[/MENTION]'s assessment that I've come round to the view that technically he's not up to much either. Physically, pace, strength, heading he's one of our best players. I like him, but I can see why he rarely gets picked by this manager.

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton

Slightly off topic, the same link takes you to Palace expressing interest in Schelotto to join up with his mate Zaha.:moo:

bluenitsuj

Listen to me!!!
Feb 26, 2011
Willingdon
Lovely place Salzburg. I am sure he will love it there

Badger Boy

Mr Badger
Jan 28, 2016
Who are the others?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I was getting ahead of myself. I'm sure we're going to cull some of the depth in the squad this month, and the ones who leave will prove their ability elsewhere. Propper seems to be back in the mix now, but he was being linked with a move away. Jahanbakhsh is another front of mind, players we'd happily lose if we got the right offer but who will do well somewhere fresh in my opinion.

Steve in Japan

NSC Patron
May 9, 2013
East of Eastbourne
Partially the reason for so much squad rotation is because we have a lot of players that want/expect regular game time.

If that's true, we should all be concerned. Imagine GP's gofer has a spreadsheet recording all the squad members' playing time, and he picks the squad based on who needs a bit more.....Ohhh.

Actually, you might be onto something.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford

Thanks for this.
On Bernardo, pretty sure he was given instructions to play a strange role against City (he would have been hauled off if he wasn't, because he played such an unorthodox role, I'd imagine) but that doesn't mean that positioning is hardly his greatest strength.

He was very clearly told, to track Cancelo - who regularly moves inside to make an extra body in midfield. He did it pretty well.

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
I was getting ahead of myself. I'm sure we're going to cull some of the depth in the squad this month, and the ones who leave will prove their ability elsewhere. Propper seems to be back in the mix now, but he was being linked with a move away. Jahanbakhsh is another front of mind, players we'd happily lose if we got the right offer but who will do well somewhere fresh in my opinion.

In Bernardo and Jahanbakhsh’s cases, if they go on to do well, it will be at a lower level like, well, the Dutch and Austrian leagues. They’re not good enough for us.

Albion 4ever

Feb 26, 2009
I think it’s important to remember that Bernardo cost £9 million!!!

£9 million for a left back!

At the very least I would hope to be able to list at least one strength that he possesses.

I can’t.

Another dreadful waste of money.

Surely Alex Cochrane or the new Polish lad must be at least as good as him and cost considerably less in wages.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
He was very clearly told, to track Cancelo - who regularly moves inside to make an extra body in midfield. He did it pretty well.

Yep.

But the usual dismissal from the usual clowns :shrug:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here