Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Bernado to Salzburg

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
I believe Karbownik is injured.

The original report into the injury said he'd only be out until January due to a stress fracture of his leg. Polish league has been on a winter break so he's only missed two games anyway. Legia Warsaw's next game is on Monday 18th Jan.

Reports in Poland regarding the recall seem to suggest it needs to happen by today and we need to pay half a million euros in compensation to cut short the loan deal.

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
Like a few others, needs a run of games.

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
Which is likely to be a repayment of money they paid us for the loan, so not an actual 'cost'.

I don't know if they would have paid us any money for the loan, bearing in mind we signed him from Legia Warsaw and loaned him straight back. It's likely a set of clauses relating to the full transfer value. Original reports said we'd paid €5.5 million for him, but that could have been dependent on him remaining on loan for the whole season, so it could be that we've now got to pay €6 million in total if we are cutting the loan deal short.

hoof hearted

Sep 14, 2019
I don’t think he needs it and based on what else I’ve read Karbownik is coming to our squad.

He was after all one of the top 40 Golden Boys recently so I think he’s on a par with Lamptey (no pressure lad)!

That was my impression as well, which is why I was surprised about the Anderlecht rumour.

The Kid Frankie

Sep 5, 2012
Not sure why Bernardo hasn't featured more as always looked good to me. Won't ever forget his clearance off the line against the scum for the 3-1.

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
Not sure why Bernardo hasn't featured more as always looked good to me. Won't ever forget his clearance off the line against the scum for the 3-1.

That and the hoof up the pitch that sent Andone on his way were his Albion highlights. He's just not good or consistent enough for a team with any aspirations of top half.

Surrey Phil

Aug 3, 2010
Feel sorry for the lad but ultimately he is an accident waiting to happen defensively and Potter knows that.

elwheelio

Amateur Sleuth
Jan 24, 2006
Brighton
Positionally he isn't great. That's fine if you are great going forward but he's not. However, he's always tried his best and I wish him well.

CliveWalkerWingWizard

Aug 31, 2006
surrenden
Since Hughton he has never been given a go, he is a competent if not outstanding left back but like a lot of squad players he has been given a chance to find his best form. How burn gets in in front of him god knows. People’s memories are short in his first season we thought we may lose him to Liverpool. He is a player that has gone backwards under the coaching of potter.

CheeseRolls

NSC Patron
Jan 27, 2009
Shoreham Beach

1 When Potter came in, he would have known a fair bit about some of the players, less so others. For whatever reason Bernardo didn't impress and hasn't really responded in a way to persuade the manager his original assessment was wrong.
2 Bernardo came here as a left back, who aspired to be a centre back. He played a decent second half against Man City and worked really hard, but I have to confess I gave him a sarcastic round of applause when he won a tackle, as it was possibly the first one in about a year. I think he has gone backwards.

We have reached a stage now, when we will move players on/let them go and they will do well elsewhere. I think we will see plenty more Norwoods. It doesn't mean they weren't good enough or didn't try, just the standard is now very high and it can't work for everyone.

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
Surely only going if a replacement is coming in?

Andy Naylor has consistently said the club want to trim the squad down a bit. Partially the reason for so much squad rotation is because we have a lot of players that want/expect regular game time. Streamline the squad a bit and less rotation is the logic.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here