Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Bernado to Salzburg

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
Solly is well below the required standard if we want to push on as a team and not be fighting relegation every season. Burn is not a left back nor a left wing back and anyone who thinks he's the long term answer needs sectioning.

Nonsense. Solly was on course for player of the season. However if we want a true left back Solly will struggle with that role.

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
But BDB is definitely NOT a LWB OR LB. He is our 5th choice CB. Solly, on the other hand, deserves immense praise for his contributions this season.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
Nonsense. Solly was on course for player of the season. However if we want a true left back Solly will struggle with that role.

Yes because we can all see hes a technically weak player trying hard... Textbook NSC PotS material... Doesn't mean he's not a weak link in the squad. Such stupid arguments being out forward in this thread. :wozza:

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
Yes because we can all see hes a technically weak player trying hard... Textbook NSC PotS material... Doesn't mean he's not a weak link in the squad. Such stupid arguments being out forward in this thread. :wozza:

Nope. That's not what I see when I watch Solly

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden

Speak for yourself.

Solly is a good Premier League player.

brighton_tom

Jul 23, 2008
Not really sure where this Solly argument has come from. He’s a decent player who was having a fantastic season at LWB.

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
I say that because he's totally incapable of delivering a ball with accuracy or purpose. Yes runs a lot, yes dribbles a lot and even beats a man occasionally but the final ball doesn't come close to convincing me. Given our VERY well documented issues with final balls we need better than March. Thanks to him for the effort, some good performances this year for sure but have to face facts he's just never going to be the player we need.

Oh, and as Guiness Boy points out, most of you can't read a post thoroughly and process it before getting all foamy-mouthed... But then we knew that already didn't we?
Correct, opposing managers just don’t see March as threat down the left mainly because of the above. Lamptey is doubled even tripled up on (Southampton) and March is left do basically what he wants because the final ball hardly ever arrives.

Munkfish

May 1, 2006

Absolutely not. I saw a player who was growing into his new position and starting to excel. His contribution to games were becoming more and more. I think you are in a very small minority of people who think Sollys not good enough as a LWB.

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
Correct, opposing managers just don’t see March as threat down the left mainly because of the above. Lamptey is doubled even tripled up on (Southampton) and March is left do basically what he wants because the final ball hardly ever arrives.

And Everton were interested in Solly, but do carry on spouting utter bolleaux

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
Absolutely not. I saw a player who was growing into his new position and starting to excel. His contribution to games were becoming more and more. I think you are in a very small minority of people who think Sollys not good enough as a LWB.

This

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018

If only he was European

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Chilwell (current England squad member) Creswell (capped by England), Digne (current France squad member), Castagne (current Belgian squad member), Targett (ex-England youth player), Reguilón (capped by Spain, Real Madrid have a buy back clause).

Like Solly then?

I think he could compete with any of those. If he had stayed fit I wouldnt been shocked to see him picked in the last England squad, especially since Chilwell has been so-so this season.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here