Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[News] Once normality returns, what are you LEAST looking forward to?

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
There's been a lot of talk on here in the last few months about what people are most looking forward to when the pandemic is over (or at least we all start going back to a somewhat more normal existence), and it's unsurprising that people want to look forward to doing the things they like again. However, let's be honest, there's loads of stuff we do ordinarily which we've all been more than happy to kick into touch for the last year or so. So what are you not looking forward to returning?

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
I've driven to work consistently all of the last year . . .the roads are just as busy now as ever, if not more so.

Trains and buses are empty.

I'm not looking forward to squeezing onto a shitty train to go to he football

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Air kisses, high fives and hugging people you hardly know/can’t stand

scooter1

How soon is now?
Can't really think of anything, although I had to get the train to Leicester on Monday and was amazed at how quiet and simple/efficient the whole journey was. I'm not quite sure what I was expecting(perhaps to at least be questioned as to why I was travelling), but the trains are pretty much empty

Wellesley

Jul 24, 2013
Dancing in that draughty bloody club again, taking my clothes off and being leered at and groped by all and sundry.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Like others have said, definitely commuting to London. I've been working from home since March 17th last year, and the thought of leaving home at 05:30 and not getting home until 19:00 (on a good day), and paying £500+ per month for the privilege fills me with dread.

I'm seriously hoping that I can convince my employer that there is absolutely no need for me to return. In the 10 months I've been wfh, not a single issue has cropped up that I couldn't resolve by not being in the office.

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
It is nice being out without hordes of the general public getting in the way

Sent from my SM-A600FN using Tapatalk

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
commute in bad weather.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I was due to have a polyp removed from my mouth via surgery at the MaxoFacial unit in March last year. It was cancelled. As it hasn't turned into anything sinister in the meantime (they were going to do a biopsy as routine) I may not bother now.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here