Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Other Sport] Fury vs AJ

Lenny Rider

Sep 15, 2010
Eddie Hearn is claiming its a 90% 'done deal', unfortunately for UK boxing fans I think the first fight will be abroad, Vegas, Saudi or even China, a necessity to generate the money both fighters want especially if Fight One is so conclusive a rematch wont be financially viable.

No doubt we will get presented with the first ever £29.99 Sky Box Office PPV, or even possibly higher if they think they can get away with it?

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004
Alireza Jahanbakhsh is going to be on PPV, what a strange world

There's probably some people on this board who will say that Ali J will come good as professional heavyweight boxer and they expect him to show this in the Fury fight

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
Eddie Hearn is claiming its a 90% 'done deal', unfortunately for UK boxing fans I think the first fight will be abroad, Vegas, Saudi or even China, a necessity to generate the money both fighters want especially if Fight One is so conclusive a rematch wont be financially viable.

No doubt we will get presented with the first ever £29.99 Sky Box Office PPV, or even possibly higher if they think they can get away with it?

In other words boxing fans are going to be cynically ripped off. Well they should be used to it by now

Normal Rob

Jul 8, 2003
Somerset
Is it a rip off? The greatest fight in British boxing history? Well worth £30 imo.

It's a balance though isn't it. price versus numbers. I'd suggest that the TV companies may well price it reasonably in order to get the numbers high. Better to have 2 million paying £19.99 than 1 million paying £29.99. And as well as the possible additional revenues from sensible pricing, there is also the fact that you are breaking through peoples personal barriers - once you've paid a PPV charge once, you are more likely to do it again.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
No contest.

Billy-Fury-was-so-beautiful-2.jpg aj.jpg

AJ has the loveliest hair. ???

Poojah

Nov 19, 2010
Leeds
I realise that boxing, as much if not more than any sport, is driven by money, but it is both travesty and tragedy if arguably the most anticipated all-British fight of all time takes place in a foreign country - particularly somewhere as questionable and as sterile as Saudi Arabia.

I’m sure they’ll frame it as hosting it somewhere they can get a crowd in sooner, but we all know it will be nothing to do with that.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
I realise that boxing, as much if not more than any sport, is driven by money, but it is both travesty and tragedy if arguably the most anticipated all-British fight of all time takes place in a foreign country - particularly somewhere as questionable and as sterile as Saudi Arabia.

I’m sure they’ll frame it as hosting it somewhere they can get a crowd in sooner, but we all know it will be nothing to do with that.

All about the money isn't it - if AJ & Fury need £150M between them then they're going to go wherever helps generate that number sadly.

Can't see 90,000 in Wembley this summer and don't really think the fight can wait

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
I'd love nothing more than to see AJ knock that offensive, infantile, smug, preening tosser out

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here