Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Lamptey close to signing new deal EDIT: New deal (to 2025) confirmed 17/01

Lenny Rider

Sep 15, 2010
According to Alex Crook on Talk Sport this morning.

The new contract apparently gives him parity with the top wage earners at the Amex

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
Means that someone has come in hard for him?
Maybe Bayern? Hope he signs a long one with us! Love him!

I think Bayern and the biggies will hold off until they know if his hamstrings are made of glass or not. Phenomenal talent, but they won't invest big if his recovery doesn't go as planned.

A1X

NSC Patreon
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Release clause?

Coldeanseagull

Opinionated
Mar 13, 2013
Coldean
Ok, I'm feeling very sorry for myself. Let's see how this conspiracy stuff works. He's refusing to play until he gets a massive pay rise....it's the best I could muster from my sick bed

scooter1

How soon is now?
Good news on a new deal for him but I'd be very surprised if he's put anywhere near to parity of the top earners.
There's no doubt he's a talent, but at present he's injured and has not shown he can play a quantity of games.

He'll be on the radar of a number of clubs no doubt, but they'll all be looking at how many games he can play consistently and at present it's not many..

Beanstalk

Apr 5, 2017
London
Good news on a new deal for him but I'd be very surprised if he's put anywhere near to parity of the top earners.
There's no doubt he's a talent, but at present he's injured and has not shown he can play a quantity of games.

He'll be on the radar of a number of clubs no doubt, but they'll all be looking at how many games he can play consistently and at present it's not many..

I'd agree with this, though it might put him on parity with the first team wage structure. I seem to remember it being reported that our contract offer was less than what Chelsea offered him to stay in their U23s. I'd imagine the deal would reflect his importance to the side, but not on par with Dunk, Lallana etc.

Murray 17

Jul 6, 2003
Fantastic.

Percy Tau extension now please....
I would rather we waited to see how he pans out over the next few months. Other players have done well(ish) in their first few games, and not kicked on. Connolly and Trossard spring to mind.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

SEWDONIM

Dec 14, 2020
Would be fantastic for both himself and us.

He gets a wage to reflect his position within the squad and we nail him down for a few years which protects the asset's value when the vultures inevitably circle.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here