Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Is Covid and lockdown saving GP's job

Del of Albion

Jul 15, 2009
East Sussex
Again laying in bed last night trying to sleep after another good showing from the lads but the end result being a loss. It got me thinking what if there was no Covid and the resulting lockdown what would the crowd reaction be to not winning a home game this season and only one home win in 2020. He would be getting pelters from the crowd, certainly those who sit around me in the West stand within earshot of TB and GP. It was happening in Feb last year so goodness knows what would have been said now. Would that influence TB to take a different stance? Would GP think differently? It did with Hypia when we lost to Millwall.

What are your thoughts?

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
Well you can also look at it the other way.

Having home games with no crowd takes away a huge part of the advantage of being at home.

With the Amex crowd roaring us on I’d have fancied us to get more points.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
For starters, if there were no Covid, there would be half the deluge of threads to wade through to find footy related stuff.
If we had the crowds, we'd be certainly doing a lot better.........IMO

doogie004

Oct 12, 2008
wisborough green

Having home games with no crowd takes away a huge part of the advantage of being at home.

At the same time if the results had been the same the booing and potter out would be deafening

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
It's the same for everyone so it evens out.

we're so shit at home the crowd would have turned some time ago I'm sure.

away days are a different crowd and different mentality

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
I don't necessarily agree.

I hate to say it but the Amex could be really toxic when things weren't going our way, horrible atmosphere at times. So I suspect our home results might even be worse with fans. On the other side though, our away fans are absolutely brilliant 99% of the time, so perhaps away results would be better and it would even itself out.

True, but when the players hear Albiooooooon...being sung all around the Amex, its gotta be an incentive.
Away support has always been more intensive, as its a minority in an alien world :lol:

elwheelio

Amateur Sleuth
Jan 24, 2006
Brighton
Yes. If board members/Tony/the press had been seeing and hearing the fans venting at 1 home win in a year, Potter would be out by now IMHO.

D

Deleted member 2719

Again laying in bed last night trying to sleep after another good showing from the lads but the end result being a loss. It got me thinking what if there was no Covid and the resulting lockdown what would the crowd reaction be to not winning a home game this season and only one home win in 2020. He would be getting pelters from the crowd, certainly those who sit around me in the West stand within earshot of TB and GP. It was happening in Feb last year so goodness knows what would have been said now. Would that influence TB to take a different stance? Would GP think differently? It did with Hypia when we lost to Millwall.

What are your thoughts?

My thought is go back to bed and sleep it off.

If the AMEX was full each game we would probably be unbeaten at home.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
True, but when the players hear Albiooooooon...being sung all around the Amex, its gotta be an incentive.
Away support has always been more intensive, as its a minority in an alien world :lol:

What is to stop the tannoy playing recordings of chants during the game, if it has such a magical effect?

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
OP

I thought you making another GP's job thread was a wind up.

Nope, you were serious

Come one, could you really not have put this thought on one of the many existing ones?

Why now. It was an away game? There would have been no hostile away fans. We've just had a highly creditable performance

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
OP

I thought you making another GP's job thread was a wind up.

Nope, you were serious

Come one, could you really not have put this thought on one of the many existing ones?

Why now. It was an away game? There would have been no hostile away fans. We've just had a highly creditable performance

The OP clearly expected us to be beating City away from home I guess?

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla

Obviously this.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
What is to stop the tannoy playing recordings of chants during the game, if it has such a magical effect?

Random pre-recorded noises don't have any effect. Spontaneous roars of anticipation when a player receives the ball in a promising position or crown noise increase during a period of dominance do however lift any team.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
I thought at the time of that Sheffield United game that that could have got really unpleasant as we struggled to break down a team who (at that time) were winless and had 10 men if there was a full house in to watch it

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here