Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Guardianola’s disrespectful Dean Wilkins comment

Barnet Seagull

Luxury Player
Jul 14, 2003
Falmer, soon...
His whole press conference was very interesting. Not just commenting about Potter being the best english manager but referencing the tactical approach and clarity of coaching. The only other team I've seen play through the press as well as we did last night against City was Napoli a couple of seasons back.

I feel we are tantalising close to being a good side but we've been saying the same thing for months. Set Pieces, Speed of transition, final 3rd decision making, being clinical.

Please if it's going to click for us, let it be against Leeds.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
How come it took Jesus three days to rise from the dead but well over a fortnight to get over Covid???

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
I'm sure I heard GP say the word "humble" in his interview yesterday for the 1065th time this year. I then heard OGS say it in his Man Utd interview. I really hope this doesn't become the new "Momentum" or "Character" which has to be mentioned in every football interview by every football manager and has absolutely no bearing on what it really means.

Oh, and can someone check the OP's IP address (that's going back a bit, makes me feel old)

not to forget Maupay after the Arsenal game last season....

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
so maybe he will loan us Aguero.....doesn't need him or maybe Sterling to get him back to full effectiveness.

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
Albion still on Pep's mind tonight...

Manchester City boss Pep Guardiola to MOTD: "I had the feeling we controlled the game. The top four players they have, player like Jack Grealish and Rosss Barkley, the feeling is that wow, you feel the dangers in every actions.

"We arrived at the byline many times but could not score the goal but Bernando Silva was there and his goal made the difference.

"We struggled against Brighton in the last game - they are one of the best teams for creating chances, so it has been hard for us. Maybe they are not clinical but they are good.

"It was 5-7 minutes where Aston Villa had two or three chances. When they can run with the likes of Ollie Watkins, Jack Grealish, Ross Barkley but we make actions and control the passes.

On whether the first goal was offside: "We didn't see it but there is VAR. It is here. I'm not going to analyse the game but in against a top team we have come up with a brilliant performance."

PeterOut

Aug 16, 2016

Manchester City boss Pep Guardiola to MOTD: "I had the feeling we controlled the game. The top four players they have, player like Jack Grealish and Rosss Barkley, the feeling is that wow, you feel the dangers in every actions.

"We arrived at the byline many times but could not score the goal but Bernando Silva was there and his goal made the difference.

"We struggled against Brighton in the last game - they are one of the best teams for creating chances, so it has been hard for us. Maybe they are not clinical but they are good.

"It was 5-7 minutes where Aston Villa had two or three chances. When they can run with the likes of Ollie Watkins, Jack Grealish, Ross Barkley but we make actions and control the passes.

On whether the first goal was offside: "We didn't see it but there is VAR. It is here. I'm not going to analyse the game but in against a top team we have come up with a brilliant performance."

What are you trying to say? That Guardiola knows better than some of NSC's finest?
Crazy talk :mad:

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead

This quote probably explains the frustration. Nobody wants to be the best ever side to get relegated. Clearly the team is a work in progress but GP needs to find a way to get just a little more out of them, if only to give himself more time to complete that work. I would like to think Leeds represents the beginning of the required change.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here