Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Danny Cullip: Hero

Injury time inconsistencies

2 Not allowed!
    This is rapidly working its way up the list of my least favourite things in modern football.

To go from United at home, where a staggering amount of injury time was played, to several occasions where a ridiculously small amount of time has been added on, is infuriating.

What makes my blood boil more than any of that is when the ref blows up on the exact amount they indicated, regardless of what happened during injury time (probably doesnít help that we usually need the extra time). Today was a prime example - he added three minutes on (ridiculous in itself) and then blew up on the dot despite a penalty during injury time, which must have taken at least a minute, if not more.
    "Well the 30 minutes are almost up Swindon fans... but you're not there yet".........:yahoo::yahoo::yahoo:

• North Stand Chat

advertising

2 Not allowed!
      Newport scored in the 96th minute when the fourth official had indicated 4 minutes to be added on. I’m sure it evens itself out but it does feel like we’re being short changed at times.
      What?

0 Not allowed!
      Possibly, but we're not 4th from bottom due to chronological discrepancies.

2 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Is it PotG? View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      Possibly, but we're not 4th from bottom due to chronological discrepancies.
      No we're not but the whole time keeping thing is wrong in so many ways.

I've seen VAR decisions take fully five minutes out of a game and then the standard three go up on the board (not us). Man U was criminally over time. Newport was a bit over time, but we were the big side.

VAR is the worst though. They stand there for ever and never add it back on. If they did that properly then Newcastle could come to us for a 3pm Sat kick off post Covid and still miss the last train home.
      Brighton But Only At Home

"You buried VAR with full military honours" - Henry Winter
      Members

1 Not allowed!
      The whole thing relies on the word of the person officiating, that they are adding the correct amount of time.

I don't buy that they blow when their watch hits the added time exactly. 9/10 full times happen after a goal kick or similar. So if they are making it up there, they are making it up for other things.

Independent timekeepers needed. Preferably stopped when the ball goes out of play. Everyone should be able to see the countdown
      So there was this heated altercation between my father and I about which of the m23 derby clubs I should be supporting. Glad my mum didn't hear what I said to him.
      Sensible madman

0 Not allowed!
      Injury time in football is very underdeveloped... nowadays they got goal line cameras, VAR and all kinds of electric nonsense, but injury time remains a combination of gut feeling and tradition. "Big team is winning, no major injuries or brawls... ahh lets say 3 as usual". Should be updated somehow. All those VAR checks and stuff steal time that is rarely compensated for.

1 Not allowed!
      Maybe we need to nick something from the pitch-side beer swilling egg-chasers.

Stop the clock when the ball is dead.

0 Not allowed!
      Long before VAR the arrogant whistler was doing as he pleased.

Often adding significant time on to added time when nothing else had happened. Look at me, Iím all powerful.

I said a couple of months back, that all time keeping needs to be taken away from the ref and fourth official. With every goal celebration, substitution, ref penalising time-wasting or a break due to a purported injury being accurately added on from the very moment they start. And NOT by rigid 30 seconds and minuteís increments.

If it ends up with 12:30 added on, so be it.
      Currently hooked to this track https://youtu.be/phL6fDiYNJk

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by HP Seagull View Post
      This is rapidly working its way up the list of my least favourite things in modern football.

To go from United at home, where a staggering amount of injury time was played, to several occasions where a ridiculously small amount of time has been added on, is infuriating.

What makes my blood boil more than any of that is when the ref blows up on the exact amount they indicated, regardless of what happened during injury time (probably doesnít help that we usually need the extra time). Today was a prime example - he added three minutes on (ridiculous in itself) and then blew up on the dot despite a penalty during injury time, which must have taken at least a minute, if not more.
      I can put it any better. Feels so wrong.

Completely agree.

1 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by DarrenFreemansPerm View Post
      Newport scored in the 96th minute when the fourth official had indicated 4 minutes to be added on. Iím sure it evens itself out but it does feel like weíre being short changed at times.
      If We hadn't made a sub with 20 seconds left on the clock, the whistle would probably have gone on time !