Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Members

0 Not allowed!
    I've noticed refs like to let an attack complete before blowing the whistle, even if it is after the allotted injury time. This is what happened in the Liverpool game last night. As soon as the attack broke down and United began moving the ball out, he blew his whistle. Same if you get a corner at the end of injury time. You are always allowed to take it and try and convert, even if its past the scheduled injury time.

• North Stand Chat

advertising

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Willow View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      I've noticed refs like to let an attack complete before blowing the whistle, even if it is after the allotted injury time. This is what happened in the Liverpool game last night. As soon as the attack broke down and United began moving the ball out, he blew his whistle. Same if you get a corner at the end of injury time. You are always allowed to take it and try and convert, even if its past the scheduled injury time.
      Not if you're Clive Thomas.
      "But you accept that there is an increased risk of vehicle/bat collision"
      Members

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Easy 10 View Post
      Not if you're Clive Thomas.
      Note how far back in time you have to go to find a non bent ref with the courage of his convictions

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk
      So there was this heated altercation between my father and I about which of the m23 derby clubs I should be supporting. Glad my mum didn't hear what I said to him.

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by blue-shifted View Post
      Note how far back in time you have to go to find a non bent ref with the courage of his convictions

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk
      I don't think it was anything to do with having the 'courage of his convictions'. Thomas was an officious twit who loved a bit of controversy and attention, so chalking off a "winner" for Brazil in a World Cup because he below the whistle as the ball came over from the injury time corner he'd awarded was right up his strasa.

He was the The Complete And Utter Shyster of his time. My dad despised him.
      "But you accept that there is an increased risk of vehicle/bat collision"

0 Not allowed!
      That was quite interesting: seeing if Fergie Time or Kloppage Time would win out in the end.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      "Members"

0 Not allowed!
      Mastermind rules - "You've started, so you'll finish"...