Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Player ratings vs City (a)

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Sanchez 7 -- several good saves
Webster 6 -- got done for the goal but, apart from that, another storming display by our season's best CB
Dunk 7 -- extremely good today
Burn 6.5 -- pleased for him, good game, got most things right
Veltman 5
White 5.5
Propper 6 -- decent shot, could have done with that first half opening
Bernardo 6.5 -- put a real shift in, a menace, but lacking quality on the ball
Tau 7 -- looked dangerous, rapid and direct
Mac Allister 7 MotM -- extremely creative, composed and a good shift
Trossard 6 -- good creativity, unfortunately it didn't come to anything

Subs:
March 5 -- two poor corners, but quite dynamic beyond that
Maupay 5.5
Khadra 6 -- looked up for it

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003
Sanchez 7 reassuring
Webster 7
Dunk 7 ignoring that header
Burn 7
Veltman 7
White 7
Propper 7
Bernardo 7
Tau 7 and a bit
Mac Allister 7 and a bit more
Trossard 7

Boroseagull

Aug 23, 2003
Alhaurin de la Torre
Sanchez 7 reassuring
Webster 7
Burn 7
Veltman 7
White 7
Propper 7
Bernardo 7
Tau 7 and a bit
Trossard 7

Agree with that. Played really well as a team and should have ended all square if it were not for one moment of incompetent, inexperienced PL referring.

Shooting Star

Apr 29, 2011
Suffolk
Sanchez 8
Alexis 8
Tau 9

GP 9. Tactically spot on tonight.

Everyone else 7.

Yep, I’d agree with all of that.

Alexis is the best passer in the club IMO. He’s made for games like tonight. I really love the look of Tau: great skill and does the simple things right.

Kosh

'The' Yaztromo
Sanchez - the iron fists in the velvet gloves, I LOVE IT.
Webster, Webster & ... Cohen - cool runnings.
Dunk - a marvel, our captain beyond.
Burn - the Blyth express is back in service.
Veltman - Growing like a bulb in my garden, yes - green shoots are pushing though the frost hardened ground.
White - In his defence, he should really be in defence.
Propper - Lovely silky hair and player too, misunderstood - akin to a very effective fretless bass player. Important to our progressive rhythm.
Bernardo - oft harshly rated but not by me.
Tau - 400.
Mac Allister - Outlander clansman, one with lines and (ayyyeeeee) he makes them count. Lovely nay better than that... scene stealing?
Trossard - sci-fi series extra... the one that dies in the first few moments.

Subs:
March - ides.
Maupay - reminds me of Ramon from a Fistful' of Dollars.
Khadra - You know, I rather liked the cut of his jib.

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
Sanchez 8 Has the massive advantage of being very big. Obvious point, but it makes the difference
Veltman 6. No complaints, nice to see him get stuck in
Webster 7. The maverick side of Webster is coming out, in a good way. He’s a bit of a nutter, again, in a good way
Dunk 7. Penalty was not his fault imho. Crazy throw
White 6. Did ok against high quality opposition. I don’t think he’s finding the step up all that easy. Understandable - It’s a big jump from the champ.
Burn 6. Couple of dodgy moments but generally a good comeback from shocking Wolves display.
Bernardo 7 . I’d written him off tbh. Based on Today I think he may have a future here
Propper 7. I notice him. I didn’t before. It must be the commanding style and new hair. I don’t think he likes being outshone by Biss. very good today.
Mac 7. excellent first half. Still a work in progress. Time to give him more starts.
Tau 8. We need a goalscorer. I’m not sure if it’s Percy but he gets an 8 for endeavour and movement. Promising.
Trossard 6. Best performance for a while. Although that doesn’t say much

Potter 8.
That performance shows why we shouldn’t sack potter. Other teams down the bottom just wouldn’t be able to compete with City in the way that we did. We are a decent team lacking a clinical striker. We are close. Keep the faith.

Last edited:

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
6 - average

Sanchez 7
Veltman 6
Dunk 8
Webster 8
Burn 7
Bernardo 6
Propper 6
White 6
Trossard 6
Tau 7
MacAllister 8

Maupay 5
March 6
Khadra - n/a

Thought the ref had a good game (and I hate refs).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Sanchez 7

Veltman 7
Webster 8 - great passing too. MOTM
Dunk 7
Burn 7
Bernardo 6

White 7
Propper 6
MacAllister 7
Trossard 6

Tau 7 - a good job, despite doing a ‘Muzza under Hughton’ of battling giant CB’s on his own. Inventive, lively, great work rate.

Wellesley

Jul 24, 2013
Sanchez 7 reassuring
Webster 7
Burn 7
Veltman 7
White 7
Propper 7
Bernardo 7
Tau 7 and a bit
Trossard 7

What mark would you give the team as a whole?

Wellesley

Jul 24, 2013
Sanchez 8
Webster 8
Dunk 8
Burn 7
Veltman 6
Bernardo 7
White 7
Macallister 8.5
Propper 6
Trossard 7
Tau 8

March A calm confident influence.6
Maupay 4
Khedra Positive and after watching him in the U23's an exciting prospect. 6

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
Sanchez - 5 - Four or five very solid saves. Massive cock up to pick up the back pass and I thought, very rash for the penalty. Hugely promising keeper, but he's learning on the job with us balls deep in a relegation fight. It's a risk

Veltman - 5 - Thought he should have been sent off. Competent passing

Webster - 7 - Very good first half, a few mistakes crept in in the second. His carries with the ball into midfield are terrific, his next step will be to end the run with a telling pass or shot. Too often he turns back

Dunk - 8 - His long range passing and "body on the line" defending are back again. Brilliant to behold. Didn't cover himself in glory for the pen, but neither did Solly or Robbie

Burn - 6 - A perfectly decent Premier League defender. Showed it again today. Needs to make sure he's playing a few yards up the pitch to ensure he's not playing people (like Mahrez) on.

Bernardo - 5 - Produced a wonderful cross. That aside, surely not a good enough footballer, to be playing that far up the pitch in the PL. Lost the ball a lot.

White - 5 - Made to look slow of thought, by his (excellent) opponents. Finding the transition tough

MacAllister - 8 - MOM - Came of age today. Found space and played some very dangerous balls in behind. Looks more a centre mid than an attacker to me. Should keep his place.

Propper - 4 - Playing too far forward. It's not his game. Great that he got into the box twice, but one non run and one to the near post when Tau was already there showed his limitations. If he plays, which he shouldn't in my opinion, it should be where White was for us today.

The Lion of Judah - 7 - Lovely turn past Cancelo. Looked bright and lively. Should be the first attacking player on the team sheet

Trossard - 5 - Too many touches at times. Bags of talent. Not producing. We have better options.

Subs

Maupay - 4 - The hesitation for his chance was indicative of his muddled state of mind. Earn your corn GP, get our main striker right

Khadra - 5 - Wonderful to see another academy debutant. Little chance to make an impact

March - 1 - Utter dross from one of out best players this season

midnight_rendezvous

Aug 10, 2012
The Black Country
Sanchez 8 - some good saves. Not sure how he can be faulted for the goal but I’m sure some will try
Webster 8 - thought he was excellent today. Seemed to win everything in the air and brought the ball out of defence well
Dunk 8 - a good display baring that weak header back to Sanchez that lead to their penalty, although I fully accept that it was a mad throw!
Burn 7 - nice to see Burn back and playing well. Thought he did well and won the ball up the pitch quite a bit. Few bits of dodgy positioning but otherwise good.
Veltman 6 - Nice and steady if unspectacular
Bernardo 7 - surprisingly good. Seemed to be playing in the centre of midfield and defence all at once. Lovely cross in the second half too.
White 7 - best he’s played in that holding role.
Macallister 8.5 - excellent first half display. Some lovely passing and great defending. More please
Propper 6 - a bit wayward at times with his passing but otherwise fine.
Trossard 6 - a threat in the first half but at times I was screaming for him to release the ball sooner. There was a moment in the second half when March had loads of space ahead of him on the flank and Trossard turned into trouble instead.
Tau 8 - pacy, direct, exciting. Let the Percy party commence!

Potter - 9. Got the tactics, formation and personnel spot on today. Subs were the right ones too IMO.

All in all a good performance (the best I’ve seen for a while) against a top side. On another day we may have got ourselves a well deserved point. Of course it means nothing if we can’t build on this and get something at Leeds.

Kuipers Supporters Club

Feb 10, 2009
GOSBTS
Sanchez 8
Veltman 6
Dunk 8
Webster 8
Burn 7
Bernardo 5
Propper 6
White 7
Trossard 6
Tau 8
MacAllister 7

Maupay 5
March 6
Khadra - n/a

SimpKingpin

See the match?
Aug 8, 2020
Worthing -> NYC
Mac Allister look great in his preferred role as the true number 10. I hope he gets more real game time in his real position. Love that he moves the ball quickly (one touch) and directly. Wish that shot had gone in. I think he could be one hell of a player.

White looked commanding to me (controversial pick?), breaking up play. Has good vision and awareness and the ability to thread a nice forward pass.

Tau also good at speeding up the final third.

Finally, I'm a big fan of Khadra, even if he only got a few minutes.

Still have issues in the final third but some of these players made me hopeful.

big nuts

Jan 15, 2011
Hove
Mac Allister look great in his preferred role as the true number 10. I hope he gets more real game time in his real position. Love that he moves the ball quickly (one touch) and directly. Wish that shot had gone in. I think he could be one hell of a player.

White looked commanding to me (controversial pick?), breaking up play. Has good vision and awareness and the ability to thread a nice forward pass.

I’m in complete agreement about White. Seems he’s a unsung hero based on the majority of marks for him tonight.

I thought he was very good throughout and was a big positive alongside Webster, MacAllister & Tau.

Jesus Gul

Feb 23, 2004
Sanchez 8 my keeper
Webster 7.5 growing in confidence - dodgy facial hair
Dunk 7 England's finest
Burn 7 not able to repeat the incredible control of high ball from last season's fixture but pretty good
Veltman 6.5 under the radar but very steady
Bernardo 6 awful first few minutes had me screaming at the TV - improved and put a shift in CMS-style when moved forward
White 7 decent midfielder
AMac 8.5 showing quality
Propper 7 hair
Trossard 6 doesn't look fit
P'Tau 7.5 china in his hand

Maupay 5 lift the ball over the keeper - massive zone to hit there he was well off his line
March 6 playing well at the moment but marked down for corners
Khadra 6.5 - halfway between a 6 and a 7 for our 67 - great that he's been given the chance

great shift today against a classy team...onwards

osgood

Apr 17, 2011
brighton

And his 40yard pass to trossard !:bowdown:

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
Sanchez - 5 - Four or five very solid saves. Massive cock up to pick up the back pass and I thought, very rash for the penalty. Hugely promising keeper, but he's learning on the job with us balls deep in a relegation fight. It's a risk

Veltman - 5 - Thought he should have been sent off. Competent passing

Webster - 7 - Very good first half, a few mistakes crept in in the second. His carries with the ball into midfield are terrific, his next step will be to end the run with a telling pass or shot. Too often he turns back

Dunk - 8 - His long range passing and "body on the line" defending are back again. Brilliant to behold. Didn't cover himself in glory for the pen, but neither did Solly or Robbie

Burn - 6 - A perfectly decent Premier League defender. Showed it again today. Needs to make sure he's playing a few yards up the pitch to ensure he's not playing people (like Mahrez) on.

Bernardo - 5 - Produced a wonderful cross. That aside, surely not a good enough footballer, to be playing that far up the pitch in the PL. Lost the ball a lot.

White - 5 - Made to look slow of thought, by his (excellent) opponents. Finding the transition tough

MacAllister - 8 - MOM - Came of age today. Found space and played some very dangerous balls in behind. Looks more a centre mid than an attacker to me. Should keep his place.

Propper - 4 - Playing too far forward. It's not his game. Great that he got into the box twice, but one non run and one to the near post when Tau was already there showed his limitations. If he plays, which he shouldn't in my opinion, it should be where White was for us today.

The Lion of Judah - 7 - Lovely turn past Cancelo. Looked bright and lively. Should be the first attacking player on the team sheet

Trossard - 5 - Too many touches at times. Bags of talent. Not producing. We have better options.

Subs

Maupay - 4 - The hesitation for his chance was indicative of his muddled state of mind. Earn your corn GP, get our main striker right

Khadra - 5 - Wonderful to see another academy debutant. Little chance to make an impact

March - 1 - Utter dross from one of out best players this season

Sorry to correct you but Khadra was signed for Dortmund last summer.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here