Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] "Brighton play nice football they just need to be a bit nasty"

Doc Lynam

I hate the Daily Mail
Jun 19, 2011
As commented on BT tonight, dare I say I agree and Andone may fit that mould perfectly!

Never thought I'd see him play for us again, but could he make an impact, not of the red variety!?

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Whenever we do anything vaguely nasty our player gets a booking :shrug:

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
"Brighton play nice football they just need to be a bit nasty"

Yes but why listen to those BT pundits?

They don’t know shit about us, or most teams outside the top 6. Every corner was “oh Brighton have been waiting for this all the big men good at corners”

Just absolute nonsense.

We just need to score more goals., concede less.

Doc Lynam

I hate the Daily Mail
Jun 19, 2011
Yes but why listen to those BT pundits?

They don’t know shit about us, or most teams outside the top 6. Every corner was “oh Brighton have been waiting for this all the big men good at corners”

Just absolute nonsense.

We just need to score more goals., concede less.

Genius

jessiejames

Never late in a V8
Jan 20, 2009
Brighton, United Kingdom
I just want a goal scorer.

They don’t have to be a nasty piece of work. Ings, Calvert-Diver, Jiminez, Bamford simply score goals.

I see you have put Bamford in, just say I have been impressed with him this season, i did say when Leeds got promoted that he was useless, barn door Bamford. I was judging him on he previous experience in the Premier league with Norwich and Middlesbrough.

bhawoddy

Jan 25, 2011
As commented on BT tonight, dare I say I agree and Andone may fit that mould perfectly!

Never thought I'd see him play for us again, but could he make an impact, not of the red variety!?

huh?

they just need to be able to stick the ball in the net. end of

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
I see you have put Bamford in, just say I have been impressed with him this season, i did say when Leeds got promoted that he was useless, barn door Bamford. I was judging him on he previous experience in the Premier league with Norwich and Middlesbrough.

Like Jordan Rhodes, I thought of him as a massively overpriced EFL clogger, somehow attracting big fees.

An intelligent bloke and footballer, he’s becoming an outstanding striker.

TugWilson

I gotta admit that I`m a little bit confused
Dec 8, 2020
Dorset

Genuinely think it depends on who "gives him the talk" prior to playing , if it was Maupay then NO , if it was Big Shane ( who should be here ) then YES because he would explain how important the team is , in a Universal language that protected our players for so long . Love ya Big guy :guns:

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Where we really need to toughen up conceding little fouls upfield braking up and disrupting play. A couple of times today the front few really closed down their defence but allowed them out. Go in and disrupt them you never know when they will make an error and not get the foul. The first thing the top sides do is to stop the other side from getting out quick.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

More nasty. As stated by Steve Macamanamananaman, who sees every foul as fair challenge, and talks endless bollocks.

More ruthless in the final third, certainly. More reckless with defensive challenges, certainly not. There is a difference.

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
Tau should have stayed down when he was fouled and the players should have been complaining about , not nasty, no one is harmed but gamesmanship which we totally lack but most of top clubs are great at.

If we had scored today we would still have conceded that penalty because we are not clever enough or switched on enough yet.

clockend1983

Apr 1, 2010
Exactly Westy
Just a goal scorer would do
Looking at our squad we have good players
To me they just seem to make wrong decisions
A cross came in from the left in the first half
Tau was in a near post postion,Propper decided to
make a run also toward the near post the cross came in
and if propper carries on his run towards the far stick
he has a really good chance to score.I understand he thought
he thought it was the right thing to do but it happens to us a lot
Wrong pass wrong run wrong option in a lot of situations
It’s the clever thinking I think we completely lack.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
We just need to be more direct at time. Tonight Trossard (and others) took too many touches or dribbled when they should have played a through ball. Often this happened when we had an attacking overload, we piss about with it and let the opposition get numbers back.

We win the ball high up in the attacking half and instead of punishing we fanny about with it.

clockend1983

Apr 1, 2010
We just need to be more direct at time. Tonight Trossard (and others) took too many touches or dribbled when they should have played a through ball. Often this happened when we had an attacking overload, we piss about with it and let the opposition get numbers back.

We win the ball high up in the attacking half and instead of punishing we fanny about with it.

I couldn’t agree more

um bongo molongo

Jul 26, 2004
Battersea
Look at Lookman vs Trossard in the games tonight. Both decent players. But one is direct, makes things happen and gets goals and assists. The other drifts around looking pretty but no end product. It’s not nasty we need it’s players who make goals happen!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here