Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Potter In, before anyone starts a poll

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
Really there's no point putting a great performance in against city and then not turning up against Leeds

Sent from my SM-A600FN using Tapatalk

Billy in Bristol

Mar 25, 2004
Bristol
Easy to say when you win I know but Pep on Five Live see 8.38pm just described GP as the best English manager in the league...

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Easy to say when you win I know but Pep on Five Live see 8.38pm just described GP as the best English manager in the league...

Licker that I am, I think he’s spot on. Now lend us some players please Pep

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Surely a free hit for everyone?

Man City away with Biss suspended and Lamptey, Lallana and Welbeck injured and we play well and only lose 1-0? OK in the main isn't it?

Credit to Potter, we played well and were always in the game. Counter point - played well and lost again. Opposite of what a good team is supposed to do.

But this really isn't the game to hang him. That WOULD be entitled.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Licker that I am, I think he’s spot on. Now lend us some players please Pep

I've often thought that he always says how he likes Potter, the way we hand them three points each time why haven't we approached them for someone Jesus will do

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
Really there's no point putting a great performance in against city and then not turning up against Leeds

Man City away with Biss suspended and Lamptey, Lallana and Welbeck injured and we play well and only lose 1-0? OK in the main isn't it?

Credit to Potter, we played well and were always in the game. Counter point - played well and lost again. Opposite of what a good team is supposed to do.

Indeed I'm not basing IN/OUT/Shake it all about opinions on that match. It was good to see the team playing well and trying. I'll be basing my IN/OUT opinion on how we do against Leeds/Fulham/Burnley/Villa in those matches that are coming up.

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
Certainly Potter in, who could come in and make improvements?

Yep, you are absolutely right, I mean who could get more than 2 league wins so far this season and no one could beat wining once at home in a calendar year! Thank god we have Potter!

Why don't you answer his question?

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Why don't you answer his question?

I’ll answer for him :smile:

“Not my job, that’s why we pay the recruitment team” which actually translates as “I haven’t got a fecking clue but I DEMAND some wins”

Lenny Rider

Sep 15, 2010
It was a free hit, and now we go again but anything less than 4 points in the next two games and will NSC revert to meltdown?

Deportivo Seagull

I should coco
Jul 22, 2003
Mid Sussex
Yep, you are absolutely right, I mean who could get more than 2 league wins so far this season and no one could beat wining once at home in a calendar year! Thank god we have Potter!

Who could ... suggestions?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
It was a free hit, and now we go again but anything less than 4 points in the next two games and will NSC revert to meltdown?

Losing to Fulham would certainly be very problematic, especially if we play badly.

I think NSC could take a loss to Leeds if we play very well and are denied by cheating/luck/world class.

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
Losing to Fulham would certainly be very problematic, especially if we play badly.

I think NSC could take a loss to Leeds if we play very well and are denied by cheating/luck/world class.

The next two games are going to be pivotal.
We are now in a situation where failure to win at least one of these games could leave us in the relegation zone for the first time in forever.
Who knows how this team will adapt to that?
So far we haven't really shown the levels of mental toughness, we know we will need, for a proper relegation scrap.

I was heartened by the concentration levels and defensive solidity last night.
Potter seemed to focus more on this, after the restart, and we looked much better for it.

I'm hoping for more of the same against Leeds.
Tau up against their defense could be interesting..

southstandandy

WEST STAND ANDY
Jul 9, 2003

Totally agree. A 1-0 defeat is far better than most of us would have expected. Last nights game together with Leeds (a), Tottenham (h), and Liverpool (a) are all effectively free hits so any points from these 4 games would be a bonus in my view.

Obviously Fulham at home is huge but I think we could stay up this season with just 35 points so only 7 wins or an amalgam of 21 points from the second half of the season is definitely still achievable. If Uncle Tony can just find us that elusive centre forward before the window closes, then I still believe we can stay up.

More positive this morning after last nights performance. We still have hope.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here