Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] After all the hype... Percy Tau looks the real deal

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
We all argue on a lot of things with the manager, but I think we can all agree Tau looks a real player.

Could be revelatory for us.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Good god. Can we not wait a while before forming judgments?
So, he's the real deal. If that's the case, how many goals are you expecting from him this season?

Eeyore

Lord Donkey of Queen's Park
NSC Patreon
Apr 5, 2014
He had a good game. But Trossard was also impressive on debut.

Reserving judgement for a later date. But happy so far.

SEWDONIM

Dec 14, 2020
The only downside of Tau's stellar premier league debut are the SA fans on facebook and instagram...

big nuts

Jan 15, 2011
Hove
We looked far less of a threat when he went off. He’s the kind of player we needed when we dropped points against fellow strugglers at home.

He could be key in turning performances into points.

zefarelly

NSC Patreon
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
An encouraging start.

His body language looks 20 time better than either Connolly or Maupay, hopping about, twitching, raring to go.

No doubt he'll get dragged down soon enough ;-)

I'd like to see him up front with Zeqiri or preferable Welbeck

Pinkie Brown

I'll look after the skirt
Sep 5, 2007
Neues Zeitalter DDR
He didn't get much possession but when he did, his play was intelligent and he looked lively. I was disappointed Potter took him off when we were still very much in with a chance of nicking something. Had we been getting thumped, fair enough, save him for Leeds. Always more likely to pinch something with Tau than an out of sorts Maupay.

peterward

NSC Patreon
Nov 11, 2009
Very promising PL debut. If he can score goals as well he could make the difference in the second half of the season

He played well tonight and the thing I liked the most is after we lost the ball at a corner and they broke quickly, he sprinted the full length of the pitch, busting a gut to get back.

Early days so far, but he and even fleetingly, Khadra both looked like rough diamonds with potential

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
Looked good when he was on the ball but seemed to spend a fair bit of time out of the game at times, fully understandable when you are making your Prem debut. Like Big Mac give him time and he could prove to be a cracking player

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here