Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] We need to stay out the bottom three and have higher points per game than Fulham

brianwade

Jan 31, 2008
There is a real possibility that this season wont finish . The title and relegation could be awarded on points per game. If so we need something from these 2 fixtures as they could be our last for a while. Fulham are currently 0.73 points per game and we are 0.82 .
It is not ridiculous to look at the Leeds game as a must win to stay in the Premier League

Reddleman

May 17, 2017
Nonsense, the league is not going to be awarded or relegation confined when some teams haven’t even played half the games (even after the Leeds game).

Last season there was uproar at the notion with only 9 games left for nearly every club never mind 20+ games.

I suspect this is yet another attempt to set Potter up for criticism, declaring Leeds must win is ridiculous.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
There is a real possibility that this season wont finish . The title and relegation could be awarded on points per game. If so we need something from these 2 fixtures as they could be our last for a while. Fulham are currently 0.73 points per game and we are 0.82 .
It is not ridiculous to look at the Leeds game as a must win to stay in the Premier League

This year something like 55% or 60% of the games need to be played otherwise the season is totally cancelled and PPG doesn't matter.

Whatever the threshold is, it includes Fulham at home.... and that is Potter's biggest ever albion game anyway.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Yes, I too enjoyed the Championship, but it is Tony Bloom we should be thinking of. Relegation will cost us millions and it is not at all fair that he should stump up more dosh so that we can enjoy the Championship.

I agree to an extent however there's nothing we can do about the situation, Tony can change things if he so desires

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
thats a cunning plan.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
It's better than League One, but I wouldn't go so far as to call it great :shrug:

It was way better value than the PL.

Yes, I too enjoyed the Championship, but it is Tony Bloom we should be thinking of. Relegation will cost us millions and it is not at all fair that he should stump up more dosh so that we can enjoy the Championship.

I agree it would be bad for the club in short-term and especially Bloom. But although my answer was a bit tongue-in-cheek, we may get an exciting, top-of-the-table season and get back to the (disappointing) promised land.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Not so great financially which is kinda more important at the moment.:down:

Agreed. However purely from a fan's perspective, I believe the championship is way more entertaining and provides better competition for 'clubs like Brighton'. The club is meticulous in its approach to development so there may be a time where we move out of that category. Ask Norwich fans whether last season was more entertaining than this and Watford and Bournemouth. I know their answer.

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
Agreed. However purely from a fan's perspective, I believe the championship is way more entertaining and provides better competition for 'clubs like Brighton'. The club is meticulous in its approach to development so there may be a time where we move out of that category. Ask Norwich fans whether last season was more entertaining than this and Watford and Bournemouth. I know their answer.
Have a look on the Watford board the majority can’t wait to get back to the PL.

Hastings gull

Nov 23, 2013
It was way better value than the PL.

I agree it would be bad for the club in short-term and especially Bloom. But although my answer was a bit tongue-in-cheek, we may get an exciting, top-of-the-table season and get back to the (disappointing) promised land.

Yes, agree -it would be exciting, but still a financial loser, even with parachute payments, and we could again have an exciting promotion push. However, there was much optimism at the start of this season that we might at last move away from a relegation battle, so nothing is a given -we could just as possibly do an Ipswich and be nowhere near the PL for years.

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
I would have hoped that this season the terms and conditions are already agreed so that teams no exactly what the criteria for promotion, relegation and indeed cancellation are.

SEWDONIM

Dec 14, 2020
:dunce:we need to win EVERY game and everyone else to lose their's so we can end up top of the league :dunce:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here