Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Albion 5th biggest revenue losers in PL...

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
seems like bugger all relatively

certainly bugger all compoared to relegation. Just highlights how unimportant turnstiles/punters are now in the PL.

Jim in the West

NSC Patron
Sep 13, 2003
Way out West
Interesting. In this context we are VERY lucky to have the sort of TV deal that we do - the Premier League deal is the most equitable of any TV deal in Europe (ie, the money is pretty evenly spread across all teams). I can imagine that almost all clubs in Europe (and elsewhere) have lost a helluva lot more than 9% of their revenue.

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
Personally I don't think that TB is holding back on the spending because of Covid losses. More likely a wider plan to do with bringing the academy players through and becoming more self sustaining.

We've only (I know) lost £12m

For the last first 3 summers in the prem we've spent £60 to £70m on players.

Personally If the right player is available TB is still happy to spend seriously big. He just won't if not totally convinced

BeHereNow

Mar 2, 2016
Southwick
Nice picture of the North Stand there.

Barham's tash

Jun 8, 2013
Rayners Lane
Southampton just announced losses of £76.8m and based on some of the anecdotal comments online for us put expected losses in our next set of accounts far in excess of the £36m lost last year im not quite sure how the numbers from this article relate but I think they’re quite wide of the mark given how parsimonious we’ve been in our transfer spending.

May 5, 2020
Sussex
I'm not sure how contracts and that sort of thing work in relation to profits earned from sales at the amex,but I wonder how much of the losses is also down to pie and beer sales?
Does the club buy 100,000 pints upfront and 40,000 pies?
Or do Harvey's and piglets just have a contract to sell there wares at the amex?
Peither way Harvey's and piglets must be feeling it which is a worry.
I wish there was a way of helping them out a bit more too.

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
I'm not sure how contracts and that sort of thing work in relation to profits earned from sales at the amex,but I wonder how much of the losses is also down to pie and beer sales?
Or do Harvey's and piglets just have a contract to sell there wares at the amex?
I’m sure Harvey’s and Piglets will be fine after 10 years of selling overpriced pies and beer. Also the quality of the steak and ale pie has dipped considerably since the Amex opening.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Southampton just announced losses of £76.8m and based on some of the anecdotal comments online for us put expected losses in our next set of accounts far in excess of the £36m lost last year im not quite sure how the numbers from this article relate but I think they’re quite wide of the mark given how parsimonious we’ve been in our transfer spending.

I think it's total v comparison. i.e., if I'm reading Bozza's post correct, we've lost £12m more than we otherwise would have because of covid. That only four teams have been effected by covid more than us. The article seems to be about money lost in match day tickets, etc.

Whereas Southampton's announcement is how much they've lost overall. I think because not everyone has announced losses we won't know where we fall in a table of overall losses yet.

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo

Catering is all contracted out to Serco (or someone similar) isn't it? So the club itself wouldn't be buying anything.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here