Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Form of the bottom 8

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Looking at the last 5 fixtures of bottom 8 teams (40) games in all, only 10% (4) have been won.

Burnley 2
Palace 1
Sheff Utd 1

All these 4 victories have been against fellow bottom 8 teams, two of them against Sheff Utd.

These 8 teams, including ourselves are hopelessly out of form in terms of winning matches.

Essentially, this makes a draw a good result, the trick is not to lose or concede too many goals when you do. It also highlights the importance of winning against fellow bottom 8 teams which brings our fixture against Fulham into focus.

These 8 teams have all got problems, thank goodness we are not served up the appalling football they get at Newcastle, Burnley, Palace, & Sheff Utd.

Small mercies.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Waiting for the first “yeah but we are the worstest”

Jan 26, 2015
Berkshire
We're definitely in the mire but I can't help thinking Newcastle are going to plummet. Sheff U have the proverbial mountain to climb and I think we're better than Fulham so I'm hopeful we'll survive. Although from a pure enjoyment perspective (so ignoring finances, etc), I don't see a return to the Championship as a disaster. At least we'd probably win a few more games.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
We need the scrappy three in row 1-0 wins we got in Hoooooooton's time

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I stuck 30 quid on us going down the other night..

Sent from my SM-A600FN using Tapatalk

Odds?

You could have the conundrum of winning lots of money or seeing the Albion stay up, which side of the fence will you fall on if it comes down to the last game :wink:

I have never bet on anything bad happening to the Albion, I just can’t bring myself to do it. I could be so much richer if I had :lolol:

The Grockle

Formally Croydon Seagull
Sep 26, 2008
Dorset
I have a feeling we will survive on something embarrassing like 32 points

These 8 teams have all got problems, thank goodness we are not served up the appalling football they get at Newcastle, Burnley, Palace, & Sheff Utd.

Small mercies.

As much as i hate to admit it, we might not like the way Palace play (dirty b*tds) but they get results. Last few seasons they have beaten Man City, Spurs, Arsenal (before the became sh1t).

We are now too predictable and i think thats our biggest downfall. The moment we get a player who consistently runs straight down the middle and at the goal and shoots first time, the more likely we will improve our results.
Even in the Wolves game when we somehow managed to score three times, there were multiple plays where it took over TWO MINUTES of tippy tappy football to get the ball to the edge of their penalty area. In that time the goalie had time to go to his flask and drink a whole cup of coffee, read the morning headlines in the daily rag, have a quick snooze and still have time to wake up to watch March hit the ball into orbit..

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
Odds?

You could have the conundrum of winning lots of money or seeing the Albion stay up, which side of the fence will you fall on if it comes down to the last game :wink:

I have never bet on anything bad happening to the Albion, I just can’t bring myself to do it. I could be so much richer if I had :lolol:

We are currently 100/30....and rather surprisingly, Burnley are 9/4 and Newcastle 5/2.
I am going to have a covering bet on us now. Our odds could be considerably shorter in 5 games time, particularly if we don't beat Fulham.

saafend_seagull

Jul 5, 2003
BN1
We won’t get 30 points. Whether 3 others will get less who knows but shef United have basically all the top teams to play in a row now so as long as spurs don’t bottle it they will lose a few in a row and will end their hopes.

Wba can only score from set plays so they are finished.

Fulham/us/Newcastle for the last spot (28-30 points).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
We're definitely in the mire but I can't help thinking Newcastle are going to plummet.

I was listening to the commentary on 5Live, they were absolutely slating the toon. They are gambling in creating and taking two or three chances per match, Wilson missed his easy header on this occasion which has cost them at least a point. The ball kept on going sideways or backwards, not a lot forward passing of note, seemed utterly depressing for the Newcastle fans. If we can take 6 points off them, I think we’d finish above them.

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
Odds?

I have never bet on anything bad happening to the Albion, I just can’t bring myself to do it. I could be so much richer if I had [emoji38]ol:
7/2 so I'd make just over 100 quid, its half insurance half I generally think we wont pull away from the stink.
I wish I'd stuck some on all the obvious draws we've had!

Sent from my SM-A600FN using Tapatalk

southstandandy

WEST STAND ANDY
Jul 9, 2003
We want to imrove or at least equal last season's tally so only 27 points more required. 8 wins and 3 draws should do it.

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
As much as i hate to admit it, we might not like the way Palace play (dirty b*tds) but they get results. Last few seasons they have beaten Man City, Spurs, Arsenal (before the became sh1t).

We are now too predictable and i think thats our biggest downfall. The moment we get a player who consistently runs straight down the middle and at the goal and shoots first time, the more likely we will improve our results.
Even in the Wolves game when we somehow managed to score three times, there were multiple plays where it took over TWO MINUTES of tippy tappy football to get the ball to the edge of their penalty area. In that time the goalie had time to go to his flask and drink a whole cup of coffee, read the morning headlines in the daily rag, have a quick snooze and still have time to wake up to watch March hit the ball into orbit..

and the first time we humped it to Trossard he scored (though it was disallowed). Trossard, Connolly and Maupay would all prefer the ball played like that as they can beat people with pace but won't win tight physical battles though Connolly is stronger than the otehr 2.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here