Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Film] The Shootist

jakarta

May 25, 2007
Sullington
My last night's Treat before the tiresome business of going back to work was to watch The Shootist.

My favourite Western after The Searchers, The Dukes final one, poignant as the Shootist is already dying of cancer, as was he of course.

Great Cast and it has such a great line from JB Books as he justifies his life as a gunslinger:

I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
I always thought The Shootist was quite a sad film for the Duke to go out on. Shot in the back for the first time ever and having to sit on a cushion ran against everything he ever did previously.

jakarta

May 25, 2007
Sullington
I always thought The Shootist was quite a sad film for the Duke to go out on. Shot in the back for the first time ever and having to sit on a cushion ran against everything he ever did previously.

Well yes but the Shootist was not a 'normal' Western seeing as it was set in 1901 and the whole point of the Film was he was a man out of his time who was going to die one way or another.

It coaxed the best performance in his life from him.

I think Don Siegal (Director) was quoted as My God the Son of a Bitch has finally learned to Act

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here