Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Manchester City vs Brighton & Hove Albion *** Official Match Thread ***

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
attachment.php
attachment.php

Man City v Albion

PREMIER LEAGUE

Venue: Etihad Stadium
Date: Wednesday 13th January 2021
Kick-off: 18:00 GMT
Referee: Darren England
Assistants: Stuart Burt, Simon Bennett
Fourth Official: Michael Oliver
VAR: The Complete And Utter Shyster
Additional VAR: Daniel Robathan

TEAM NEWS

Manchester City striker Sergio Aguero is unavailable as he self-isolates following contact with someone who has tested positive for Covid-19.

Ederson could play his first game since contracting the virus, but Aymeric Laporte and Nathan Ake are injured.

Brighton are without injured trio Danny Welbeck, Aaron Connolly and Tariq Lamptey, while Adam Lallana is unwell and Yves Bissouma is suspended.

Steven Alzate could come back into contention following illness.

Alireza Jahanbakhsh suffered a minor injury against Newport County and will be assessed.

MATCH FACTS

Head-to-head

• [*=left]Manchester City have won all six Premier League meetings, scoring 20 goals and conceding just twice.
    [*=left]Brighton have never won a league match away to City (D2, L8).
Man City

• [*=left]City are unbeaten in seven top-flight games, winning five of those matches - including each of the last three.
    [*=left]They did not win four consecutive Premier League fixtures last season until after they had relinquished the title, ending the campaign with five straight victories.
    [*=left]Only four Premier League teams have scored fewer second-half goals than City this season, with Pep Guardiola's side scoring 18 of their 24 goals in the first half.
    [*=left]City have conceded seven goals since the start of October, four fewer than any other Premier League side.
    [*=left]Ilkay Gundogan has three goals in Manchester City's past four league matches, following a run of 12 months and 21 games without a top-flight goal.
Albion

• [*=left]This will be Brighton's 300th top-flight fixture.
    [*=left]They are winless in their past eight top-flight matches, a streak exceeded only by bottom side Sheffield United.
    [*=left]Brighton are without a victory in all 13 of their Premier League matches in January (D6, L7) and likewise in all nine matches played on a Wednesday (D5, L4).
    [*=left]The Seagulls have conceded eight Premier League goals from set-pieces this season (excluding penalties), the division's joint-second highest figure.
    [*=left]They have conceded nine own goals since promotion in 2017, more than any other top-flight side in that time.

Graham Potter's Man City Press Conference

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
That made for an uplifting read on getting up this morning :lolol:

Perfidious Albion

Oct 25, 2011
At the end of my tether
After the build up to the cup game this fixture kind of snuck up on us, me anyway. Well, we don’t expect to win it so don’t worry lads . Go up there and enjoy a game .. We save our expectations for Leeds and Fulham and not worry if tonight is “ null point “

wunt be druv

Oh bugger..!
Jun 17, 2011
In my own strange world
Not feeling any good vibes at all about this one,will watch with an air of total apathy whilst listening to the commentary team and pundits usual w**k fest over how great the multi billionaires of Citeh are as they bang in goal after goal against plucky little ol' Brighton who "play some good football but lack a cutting edge", still we live in hope of a major miracle!

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
All I am looking for is a decent performance and possibly a goal to celebrate, use this game as a stepping stone for Percy, build him up to speed ready for the big game against Leeds at the weekend, and possibly give him half an hour.

Go there and defend and we will be mauled alive, Go there and attack and play open expensive possession football and we will be mauled alive.....

Can't win really, it's a free hit, play some of the fringe players and rest the "stars" for Leeds. :eek:

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
All I am looking for is a decent performance and possibly a goal to celebrate, use this game as a stepping stone for Percy, build him up to speed ready for the big game against Leeds at the weekend, and possibly give him half an hour.

Go there and defend and we will be mauled alive, Go there and attack and play open expensive possession football and we will be mauled alive.....

Can't win really, it's a free hit, play some of the fringe players and rest the "stars" for Leeds. :eek:

We are already missing 5 first teamers, how many more stars should we rest? :smile:

Hiding to nothing, this place will be fun tonight post match

Goberpiles

Feb 25, 2017
City have won up to 5-0 only a few times if we can keep it to 3-0 or 3-1 and a good performance I would be happy.

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
City have won up to 5-0 only a few times if we can keep it to 3-0 or 3-1 and a good performance I would be happy.

Yep they outclassed the team who currently sit at the top of the table 2-0 just a few days ago. Sadly we are playing them as they get back to their best of two seasons ago. Let’s be positive though, Aguero won’t be scoring against us

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
We are already missing 5 first teamers, how many more stars should we rest? :smile:

Hiding to nothing, this place will be fun tonight post match

I adopted a mid 90's outlook a few while back. I had a really good laugh at the comedy gold 'soccer' on Sunday, and I was stone cold sober. I will attempt the same this evening.

The only danger is we actually make a game of it and it somehow gets my hopes up, extremely unlikely I know.

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
Yep they outclassed the team who currently sit at the top of the table 2-0 just a few days ago. Sadly we are playing them as they get back to their best of two seasons ago. Let’s be positive though, Aguero won’t be scoring against us

we've shipped 13 in 3 games and are arguably in our worst state yet to face Citeh. which is why I put a few wild high odds £1 bets on :laugh:

Last edited:

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
We'll probably win a scrappy 0-1

Sent from my SM-A600FN using Tapatalk

SEWDONIM

Dec 14, 2020
I'll take a 3-0 loss now; though hoping we use this as a means of encouraging our players to make more risky passes and try to be more creative knowing the odds of us winning are short.

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
I adopted a mid 90's outlook a few while back. I had a really good laugh at the comedy gold 'soccer' on Sunday, and I was stone cold sober. I will attempt the same this evening.

The only danger is we actually make a game of it and it somehow gets my hopes up, extremely unlikely I know.

That sounds like a lot of fun. For your benefit I hope Albion have a really tough night and a heavy defeat. If Davy Propper can put in a bad performance, with at least one really big mistake, then that would be the icing on the cake for me.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here