Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] First Away Game once WE are BACK.

Bored and reminising of being at the football and really missing everything about it, long day sessions, mates, pubs and new places etc.

I also thought, where would I like the first away day to be, once attendances are back to normal capacity.

Gotta be a northern away day for me, as they are always the best, because its a longer day out, laugh on the train, particularly on the way back after a few pints and always cheaper in the pubs.

Loved Sheffield United away last season, but it's gotta be Newcastle away for the first, just for the weekend you can make of it plus its a great ground and we haven't done too badly there as of late.

What about you?

jackalbion

Aug 30, 2011
Barnsley (if we aren’t just talking about Premier League Teams) just a proper old fashioned no frills northern away game. I guess Burnley if we are taking premier league clubs, but just long train journeys, scary locals, and threatening boozers with £2.50 pints.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Liverpool- cant beat the atmosphere or the city

I do like the routine of a home game but agree with this. It’s always been a very friendly and pleasant city to me.

jakarta

May 25, 2007
Sullington
I do like the routine of a home game but agree with this. It’s always been a very friendly and pleasant city to me.

You obviously never worked in Bootle, we had to sweep the Smack Heads needles from the Office Doorway before starting work, clearly the Shooting Up place of choice. Toxteth fairly tasty (as in keep your Car Doors locked) as well. :eek:

I suppose this was all early 1990's, maybe it has become Stockholm or San Francisco in the interim.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
You obviously never worked in Bootle, we had to sweep the Smack Heads needles from the Office Doorway before starting work, clearly the Shooting Up place of choice. Toxteth fairly tasty (as in keep your Car Doors locked) as well. :eek:

I suppose this was all early 1990's, maybe it has become Stockholm or San Francisco in the interim.

Ha. No, never worked in Bootle. Admittedly I don’t go to the rough parts but I have always been treated very well and people have always been fun and very friendly towards me. More so than most places. I first went in the 80s as a young boy with my father and have been back a number of times since. That first time my father got talking with a bunch of Liverpool fans who then treated me to food and drinks in the pub.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
How many loyalty points will be required?

Seasidesage

May 19, 2009
Brighton, United Kingdom
Liverpool, Newcastle, Manchester (Bredbury Hall) ,Sheffield, Villa are all good days out. One thing I have promised myself when this crap has ended is I'm going to get back into away games been gradually tailing off these last few years doing only about 6 away last season. I'm going to get back to going to as many as my old bones and wallet will allow...

Liverpool, Newcastle, Manchester (Bredbury Hall) ,Sheffield, Villa are all good days out. One thing I have promised myself when this crap has ended is I'm going to get back into away games been gradually tailing off these last few years doing only about 6 away last season. I'm going to get back to going to as many as my old bones and wallet will allow...

Tbh I usually only do 5-6 a season anyway, I think when we are back, I'll be clucking to do every single one though. Reading through the Withdean thread has made me really realise just how MUCH I miss football.

I'd say majority of away days up North are the best. Do love the away days at weird Northern towns, actually liked Barnsley away, nice place, weird pubs and people.

I've never done Southampton or any of the South West though, if we are still prem, I'd defo like one of your choices there too.

Brentford - new ground to try out
Failing that Newcastle for the weekend away or Palace as long as we win.

Already been to Brentford's ground, probably best designed ground for its size I've been to - the area around Kew has great pubs that make up for not having one on every corner.

Beanstalk

Apr 5, 2017
London
Brentford - new ground to try out
Failing that Newcastle for the weekend away or Palace as long as we win.

Very excited to go to Brentford, hopefully a pre-season friendly at AFC Wimbledon's new gaff as well!

theboybilly

Bredbury Hall is 'Permanently Closed' as it went into Administration in October.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here