Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] The lion

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
Some nice flicks when he came on, seemed to fade a bit. Clearly another who can't hit the target though sadly

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
Looked very lively and I really liked his movement, but man. He had such a good chance, and he fluffed it.

I like what I see though, he’ll improve.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Initial impression is he runs around a lot and needs a lot of opportunities to score. Not sure that's much of an improvement on what Connolly brings TBH. Time will tell.

Gabbafella

Aug 22, 2012
Must be a bit surreal for him, 2 1/2 years after signing for a premier league club, you finally get your debut in a ploughed, freezing cold field, on a Sunday night with no fans.

Thought he looked alright from what I saw. Some good flicks, decent movement. Yeah he missed a couple of half chances but I think he'll outperform most of what we currently have. Fingers crossed he's as good as we all hope he is.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Must be a bit surreal for him, 2 1/2 years after signing for a premier league club, you finally get your debut in a ploughed, freezing cold field, on a Sunday night with no fans.

Thought he looked alright from what I saw. Some good flicks, decent movement. Yeah he missed a couple of half chances but I think he'll outperform most of what we currently have. Fingers crossed he's as good as we all hope he is.

And he’s still not played in England!

Seagull1989

Oct 31, 2011
I liked the look of him. He offered movement and tried a couple of flicks. He also ran at their defence and tried to take a man on ! I don’t know the last time one of our attackers did that

dangull

Feb 24, 2013
I thought he was quite promising.Would like to see a front 2 of Wellbeck and Tau going forward, at least give it a chance.
Not that it matters, but it would be the first all black partnership up front since Gall and Meade that i remember.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
He won't get a better chance to make his name in the Premier League.

Brighton signed him as a Brexit punt, but it's taken this long for the rules to be changed to allow him to play.

It wasn't his chance to play in a Brighton team, it was his first opportunity.

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
Brighton signed him as a Brexit punt, but it's taken this long for the rules to be changed to allow him to play.

It wasn't his chance to play in a Brighton team, it was his first opportunity.

??

what I mean is he joins us at the best possible time for him personally.

strikers injured and devoid of confidence.
He seems to have enough about him to give it a damn good go.

Hoping he hits the ground running and one of our punts pays off for a change

I thought he was quite promising.Would like to see a front 2 of Wellbeck and Tau going forward, at least give it a chance.
Not that it matters, but it would be the first all black partnership up front since Gall and Meade that i remember.

The playoff win season had a couple when Benjamin and Iwelumo were variously paired with he’s alright. Owusu and Calvin Andrew in the Great Escape season too I think

heathgate

NSC Patron
Apr 13, 2015
I thought he looked good, good control, good pace.... on a decent pitch, with a bit of acclimatisation, teammates understanding his movement.... he looks to try neat one two's around the box.... I think he could lead us from mediocrity to average.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

dejavuatbtn

Aug 4, 2010
Henfield
I thought he looked pretty good on a poor pitch coming on late in a freezing night. Most stuff seemed to stick and he found space in the box and made a couple of nice little lay backs for others to get shots in. Looked lively. Get him on a decent pitch and we might see something a bit different to what we have.
I hope that he won’t have all this knocked out of him when he realises that there are high expectations of him scoring goals and getting us out of trouble.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here