Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Are the players, playing for Potter?

moggy

Oct 15, 2003
southwick
I just don’t see it.
They all look like they’ve lost faith in him.
Thoughts......

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
I hope not, that would be Swansman levels of scary. Hopefully they play for eachother, themselves and for Brighton & Hove Albion FC.

macbeth

Dismembered
Jan 3, 2018
six feet beneath the moon...
One or two don't look interested, but I wouldn't want to read too much into it when we don't know all the facts.

I'm sure if Potter sees someone as not playing for the team, or someone not pulling their weight, they won't be here for much longer.

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004
Maupay and Trossard aside I didn’t see anyone not giving their all this evening.

Maupay not looked right since that incident that saw him dropped out the starting 11

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
I think they are playing for the manager.

It's only Trossard who might not be. But he is a surly type, so hard to tell

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
Confidence is understandably on the floor.
We failed to win games when playing at our best and gradually the team have lost any faith in their ability to score/win.

Whatever happened after the West Brom game, has not been resolved, IMO.
That was our first poor performance of the season and it seems to have derailed us ever since.

I keep referring to the tracker, where we are (i believe) just 1 pt off par.
That is incredible and does point to the fact that we aren't anywhere near as bad as it feels...
but, we need wins badly. 3pts at Leeds and it's a different story, but I can't reeally see it happening.

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
Maupay and Trossard aside I didn’t see anyone not giving their all this evening.

Maupay not looked right since that incident that saw him dropped out the starting 11

He certainly isn't right. He's not getting himself in goalscoring positions, when they ball is getting fired across the box. Not following up shots.

His head isn't right

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
We'd lost virtually all of the fight we'd showed in the second half against Wolves, which is so disappointing. Right back to Square One after a rare positive performance.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Don't know about playing for Potter but I feel for Trossard, I am sure at some point after half-time the poor lad went colour blind given his passing to the opposition

bhawoddy

Jan 25, 2011
I just don’t see it.
They all look like they’ve lost faith in him.
Thoughts......

I didn’t see that at all.

Was a same old same old performance. Dominated the game but failed to create much. What we did create we missed.

Don Tmatter

Jul 7, 2003
dont matter
Zeqiri looked more interested and likely to score than Maupay so was disappointed to see him hooked off unless Potter wants him for Citeh in which case.....

Doonhamer7

Jun 17, 2016
Something needs to happen give these players confidence in themselves, maybe it will be a dodgy deflection in the last minute to beat Man City, a penalty not given (even with VAR) just something to kick them back into life.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Something needs to happen give these players confidence in themselves, maybe it will be a dodgy deflection in the last minute to beat Man City, a penalty not given (even with VAR) just something to kick them back into life.

We definitely need some breaks during a game. Keepers having blinders against us whilst most goals against us seem to be deflections must be confidence sapping. A very very lucky win is needed

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here