Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Should Steele have saved that?

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Seems only fair for a third one of these given what we've just witnessed all night frankly

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Of course not. Look, one of Murray's strengths that people are always lauding is his defensive heading. Where was Maupay and Tau? Why weren't they following Murray's lead and defensively heading that ball clear? I think it's time to write off Tau.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Oh, I see. He deliberately threw that ball at Webster because he wanted to be a penalty hero. That takes balls.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
I'd say he's made amends (he says as the penalty shoot out is still happening!)

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
I wonder how many of those saves would've had to have been retaken under VAR. That fourth one in particular he is already diving before it's kicked.

Jam The Man

Jul 5, 2003
South East North Lancing
Jason Steele - can’t recall a better keeper performance for us in a shoot out. Good for him.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Are you asking about the third, the fourth, the fifth or the sixth?

It was setup shortly after the 96th minute. Fair play to him for turning it around.

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
Five (?) penalty saves. He’s redeemed himself.
Nice to see a perennial number two, and good pro, have his moment.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Five (?) penalty saves. He’s redeemed himself.

A quite outstanding performance in the penalty shoot out. Not seen many better than that. But I'm also not sure he's redeemed himself. He's made several first team players be subjected to another 30 minutes football, because he couldn't make a regulation save.

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
Seems only fair for a third one of these given what we've just witnessed all night frankly

Fair?

It’s blatantly a clanger. So why the pretence of “should he have saved that?”. The guys hardly played for us.

Besides. He totally redeemed himself in that shootout. Immense balls and character.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here