Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Potter's Newport County Press Conference

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0rTHGNiDT2Y

- Percy Tau made his first training "today" (January 7) and is available for the game against Newport and Potter says he thinks he will be involved in the group (you'll get some Tau). Also says he thinks Tau will adapt to the team quickly.

- Newport bit of a giant killer. GP gets asked if he would have preferred a home game, GP says yes but that he doesnt get to choose (hello). You have to play whoever you get wherever you get them.

- No bids for Bissouma (and if there was I surely wouldnt tell you). GP says his job is to make Bissouma perform and that transfer / contract stuff is not really his area.

- Journo asked about GM going to QPR, GP said he wasnt aware but that he bumped into Glenn while walking the dog a few days ago and says they didnt really talk about that. Says he likes Glenn and knows that he wants to play as much as possible in his last season / last seasons.

- Lamptey not available for the game, had a setback in rehab and will be "away for bit of time" (dont expect him to play in January). Welbeck also likely to miss the game. Connolly out for a couple of weeks. Lallana is sick and "probably" (definitely) wont recover for the game. Alzate also sick or something.

- Gets asked about Ali J saying things in some Iranian newspaper. GP says he spoke to Ali in the morning. Ali said he didnt know where those quotes came from and that was a bit of a mystery to him.

- Journo asks if Steele will be involved in the game, GP says he will be involved as in "part of the group" and that he had not made decisions on the starting lineup yet but that he is happy with both of his two keepers.

- Second journo also thinks Newport bit of a giant killer. GP gets asked if he would have preferred a home game, GP says yes but that he doesnt get to choose (...). You have to play whoever you get wherever you get them.

- Journo asks, with the snowstorm and shite coming up, if the game could be a bit old-school. GP turns a bit cheerful (I ****ing love the FA Cup) and goes on to mention Ronny Radford scoring some goal for Hereford from 50 yards with "no grass anywhere".

- Repeatedly says that "Michael has done a good work at Newport" (these are a good team... for real actually) and says they play very nice football (they're doing potterball and I like it). Mentions Josh Sheehan as a good player (if I was still at shite Swansea I would have liked to sign him).

- Said he met Mike Flynn (the Newport manager I guess) a few times when he was coaching Swansea and says he really likes him, its a good person and a great manager, huge huge credit to him. GP says they have built the team and their profile with great cup runs but that hopefully this year they will have to celebrate promotion rather than a cup run.

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
Worrying update regarding Tariq with his quote ' don't expect to see him for sometime '. Football shutdown would help now

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
So many classy players injured :down:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here