Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] RIP Michael Apted

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
Show runner and Director of the ‘-up’ series of documentaries, starting with 7-up and currently at 63-up. Consistently some of the best TV I’ve ever seen, and proper ‘reality TV’.

An astonishing achievement. RIP.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-55597263

Wellesley

Jul 24, 2013
RIP of course, but I think this board needs a dedicated obituaries section. The second anybody of the slightest notoriety is taking their last breath, I'm sure there's a NSChatter with their nose pressed up against the window of the deceased, frantically tapping away on their phone to get a thread up first.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Michael Apted RIP

Creator of the extraordinary 'up' series. Those who followed it will know about it. RIP. I hope someone continues his work.

1apted.png
1_7up.jpg

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Great programme. I found Neil fascinating

So sad when he dropped out of uni and became virtually homeless. Seems clear now he has mental health issues.

I first watched it (7, 14 and 21) when I did a sociology/psychology course during my first year at uni. I found the poverty of some of the kids quite shocking. And the way that so many of them turned out exctly as if programmed by their social class was quite depressing. Only when they were over 40 did some of them embrace greater diversity and move on from their origins. And only some of them. Anyway.....life in te UK is so much better than it was in the early 60s. As one might expect :thumbsup:

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here