Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Moises Caicedo - New contract signed until summer 2027 with 1 year extra option.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
That Sir, is an ankle breaker.

But VAR has no interest in those at Old Trafford if committed by the men in red (unless the situation is getting a Manure player off a red card).

Didn't Hemed get after the facted with a 3 match ban (that effectively ended his Albion career as Muzza stepped back into the limelight)?

But, lo, there will be no after the fact for cherubic-faced McTomfoolery. The skunk.

Anyway, three points at Old Claptrap, onwards and upwards.

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
It's rather beautiful to think that he could have been a Manchester United player if they could have been bothered to pursue their interest. They were put off by a bit of extra work involved in getting the deal over the line and we got a player that I think could be our best ever. If he helps Ecuador to have a decent World Cup, we can expect January bids from bigger clubs than City and Chelsea. Real Madrid and Barcelona. Maybe even Sheff Wed.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Warren was initialy concerned he Caicedo may have broken his leg in that challenge, until he got up and put weight on it.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
It's rather beautiful to think that he could have been a Manchester United player if they could have been bothered to pursue their interest. They were put off by a bit of extra work involved in getting the deal over the line and we got a player that I think could be our best ever. If he helps Ecuador to have a decent World Cup, we can expect January bids from bigger clubs than City and Chelsea. Real Madrid and Barcelona. Maybe even Sheff Wed.

After today, slightly worried we’ll get one this week.

SimpKingpin

See the match?
Aug 8, 2020
Worthing -> NYC
Not only is he brilliant, he’s as hard as fvcking nails too. £100m in the mad PL market.

He's going to break our transfer record for sure. What a talent.

Definitely built tough as well.
There's a lot to be said for players who are available 99% of the time, without niggling / recurring injuries (e.g. Rashford, Maddison, even Haaland, etc.). Something that nobody really talks about in terms of transfer fees. Players like Ben White (played every single game for Leeds in the Championship) and Cucurella (played almost every game for us).
Being so dependably fit and healthy must drive up the fees.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
A prophet, mocking his own club’s incompetence!

B04581DF-EC04-4A4D-A265-C0AE523C22FA.png

With an aggressive row about of all people ….. Romano.
https://www.redcafe.net/threads/moises-caicedo-signs-for-brighton.459668/page-43

deslynhamsmoustache1

Apr 25, 2010
RAF Tangmere
I was really worried when he went down. Must have been an impact injury, luckily. Him, Gross and Welbz ran the first half. Trossard also brilliant all game.

Moises is an incredible talent. I can see Uncle Tone slapping a 70 mill tag on him next summer when the inevitable offers come in.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If he keeps improving he isn't going anywhere for under 100 million. That might be 70 plus player in and that will be to a European giant. Sky's Karen Carney asked why Man Utd couldn't find a player like Caicedo and Brighton could? well Karen.................. you have to smile.:clap:

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
Didn't Hemed get after the facted with a 3 match ban (that effectively ended his Albion career as Muzza stepped back into the limelight)?

But, lo, there will be no after the fact for cherubic-faced McTomfoolery. The skunk.

Anyway, three points at Old Claptrap, onwards and upwards.

But this time the ref saw it, gave a yellow, and it was presumably checked by VAR. So there wouldn't be any post-match changes.

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
If he keeps improving he isn't going anywhere for under 100 million. That might be 70 plus player in and that will be to a European giant. Sky's Karen Carney asked why Man Utd couldn't find a player like Caicedo and Brighton could? well Karen.................. you have to smile.:clap:

Yeh she loved Man U, and didn't try to hide it.

As for selling, I think we've done enough of that for a while. No sales, not for any price for a good while now.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Yeh she loved Man U, and didn't try to hide it.

As for selling, I think we've done enough of that for a while. No sales, not for any price for a good while now.

Can hear the recruitment guys in the PL now…..

‘Boss…got just the guy we need…..absolute baller in midfield, only played a few PL games but he’s a top talent I reckon’

‘Brilliant, where is he now ?’

‘Brighton’

‘Fvck’

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
Can hear the recruitment guys in the PL now…..

‘Boss…got just the guy we need…..absolute baller in midfield, only played a few PL games but he’s a top talent I reckon’

‘Brilliant, where is he now ?’

‘Brighton’

‘Fvck’

ha ha. Yes mate.

Whitechapel

Famous Last Words
Jul 19, 2014
Not in Whitechapel
He’s going to make the fee we got for Cucurella look like pocket change… and he cost us £4,500,000 :lolol:

I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again, he’s the kind of player who makes you realise just how much you’ve overrated every other player you’ve ever seen in a Brighton shirt. I had Bissouma down as the best midfielder I’ve seen in a Brighton shirt and thought he was close to world class. Caicedo will run rings around him in a couple of years.

larus

When we got to the end of last season, if you’d offered me the choice of losing Biss or Caicedo I would have chosen Biss.

Moises will be an astounding talent IMO. After seeing the performance today, I can see us finishing at least as high as we did last season. Wouldn’t it be great if we could sneak into a Europa spot and then get him to stay for that! Maybe I’m being too pessimistic, but I feel that without that we’ll have little chance of retaining him beyond this season. He’s going to be a target for the big teams, and as we saw with Cucurella, there’s no loyalty/affection for the club. We’re just their current employer.

Jeez - he’s only played a handful of games for us, but he would be a big hole to fill I feel.

brighton_tom

Jul 23, 2008
Seems strange to think this as he's only just breaking through into the first team, but by the end of this season he'll be 2.5 years into a 4.5 year contract. Given its pretty obvious how good he could become, we'd be smart to be looking into getting a longer contract on the table.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here