Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Moises Caicedo - New contract signed until summer 2027 with 1 year extra option.

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
Yep, he also didn't think Coutinho (one of his great pronunciations by the way) would be any good in England.

But, Vickery is generally brilliant and his knowledge of South American football is incredible and he doesn't get many wrong. Also a very intelligent and funny bloke. Have you seen his modelling by the way?! Bit of a mod and likes his clothes. Cool guy.

He is genuinely excited about this kid so if this rumour is true, we definitely should be.

I’ve not heard his pronunciation of Caicedo yet, but I’m a big fan of Corjinho for Coutinho.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Exciting if true. So, with the return of the loanees we've effectively signed a new midfield, and they're all here to contribute to the first team. Alzate shot? Biss off?
Bissouma will be off. Hopefully not this month but quite possibly in the summer.

Mancgull

Nov 28, 2011
Astley, Manchester
Bissouma will be off. Hopefully not this month but quite possibly in the summer.

I can’t see too many clubs spending big this transfer window as the lack of crowds means clubs are haemorrhaging cash. I saw that Bank of England have given Arsenal a £120m facility so I don’t think they’ll be parting with £35m-£40m for Yves, and I believe that Arsenal are the team that are at the front of the queue for him. So, yes, I think you are right and I honestly think we won’t risk letting him go in January with the position we are in the league.

S'hampton Seagull

Oct 12, 2003
Southampton
Brian Owen says yes. Deal not done 'at this time' which is obviously a line from the club. Which we all know means done deal pretty much.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Change at Barnham

Aug 6, 2011
Bognor Regis
Last edited:

Seasidesage

May 19, 2009
Brighton, United Kingdom
I wonder if we have an offer for Biss or Propper? Good signing and fits the profile we are looking for, young emerging talent. Appears to be really athletic and powerful which is an advantage when moving to the PL. Looks a real player in his showreel and likes to transition the ball quickly which is definitely something we need.

Excited by this signing but I do wonder what it may mean, time will tell I guess? CM if he signs with Moder coming early too does seem overloaded and I would certainly expect one or two departures in January if this happens...

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
It looks like the club have played a blinder on this one.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
I wonder if we have an offer for Biss or Propper? Good signing and fits the profile we are looking for, young emerging talent. Appears to be really athletic and powerful which is an advantage when moving to the PL. Looks a real player in his showreel and likes to transition the ball quickly which is definitely something we need.

Excited by this signing but I do wonder what it may mean, time will tell I guess? CM if he signs with Moder coming early too does seem overloaded and I would certainly expect one or two departures in January if this happens...

I think this one is one for the future... dont expect him to go from the Ecuadorian league to playing in the Premier League this quickly. Probably going on loan or perhaps playing with the U23. As you say there are a lot of midfielders around.

Change at Barnham

Aug 6, 2011
Bognor Regis
It looks like the club have played a blinder on this one.

If the fee of around £4.5m is to be believed the price being paid for Caicedo sounds extremely reasonable.

I would imagine some agreement for the continued loan of Billy Arce to the selling club would also help our cause enormously.
Let's just hope the media haven't jumped the gun on this one and that we're not gazumped at the last moment.

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería
If the fee of around £4.5m is to be believed the price being paid for Caicedo sounds extremely reasonable.

I would imagine some agreement for the continued loan of Billy Arce to the selling club would also help our cause enormously.
Let's just hope the media haven't jumped the gun on this one and that we're not gazumped at the last moment.

Arce's on loan at LDU Quito. We did buy him from Independiente, Caicedo's club, though.

Lindfield by the Pond

Jan 10, 2009
Lindfield (near the pond)
Not here yet.... still time for a phone call whilst en-route to the training ground

hoof hearted

Sep 14, 2019
Guessing by his age this is one to spend a season or two in the u23s before getting anywhere near first team?

He's a regular for the Ecuador national team and played against Colombia, Argentina and Urugay and been one of the best players on the pitch. He's far too good to not be in the first team if he joins Brighton.

Although playing under Potter, who knows.. maybe he'll make 2 appearances and then go out on loan.

hoof hearted

Sep 14, 2019
Likening him to Biss is probably wrong. He’s more attacking and not as strong defensively

He used to play as a DM but I beleve now plays as more of a box to box midfielder role now. So I think he would actually fit in really well alongside Bissouma (with Lallana / Moder / Mac Allister as the attacking midfielder further forward).

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
He's a regular for the Ecuador national team and played against Colombia, Argentina and Urugay and been one of the best players on the pitch. He's far too good to not be in the first team if he joins Brighton.

Although playing under Potter, who knows.. maybe he'll make 2 appearances and then go out on loan.

Being a regular for Ecuador doesnt necessarily mean you are "too good" not to be part of a PL squad.

As for Potter he will play him if he thinks he is good enough... Some seem to expect that all young players should be playing all games which is not how it works.

hoof hearted

Sep 14, 2019
Being a regular for Ecuador doesnt necessarily mean you are "too good" not to be part of a PL squad.

As for Potter he will play him if he thinks he is good enough... Some seem to expect that all young players should be playing all games which is not how it works.

....I was referring to the opposition he was playing against. If you are one of the best players on the ptich (which includes Messi), then you're not going to be in the reserves / under 23s.

I don't 'expect that all young players should be playing all games'. Why make things up?

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
It's a yes from me. Just had a look at his highlights reel and -- to echo what so many daft posters say about left-footed players (March predominantly on here) -- it's worth highlighting, he's so one-footed.

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo

Ally Mac played/plays for Argentina. He's not had too much of a look in yet.

Whilst I'd love it if this lad hits the ground running and is in beast mode from day 1 I don't think it's fair to expect it or think that just because he's played a handful of games for Ecuador he'd walk right into our first team. Ahead of Dutch international Propper? Or Mali international Bissouma? Or (former) England international Lallana? Or Polish international Moder? Or Columbian international Alzate? Or Irish international Molumby?

Poor old Gross, he seems to be the only midfielder without an international cap.

That all said, I'd ruddy love it if he was the new Kante. Him and Bissouma would run midfield every week!

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
Moises Caicedo?

Ally Mac played/plays for Argentina. He's not had too much of a look in yet.

Whilst I'd love it if this lad hits the ground running and is in beast mode from day 1 I don't think it's fair to expect it or think that just because he's played a handful of games for Ecuador he'd walk right into our first team. Ahead of Dutch international Propper? Or Mali international Bissouma? Or (former) England international Lallana? Or Polish international Moder? Or Columbian international Alzate? Or Irish international Molumby?

Poor old Gross, he seems to be the only midfielder without an international cap.

That all said, I'd ruddy love it if he was the new Kante. Him and Bissouma would run midfield every week!

Exactly. This is where I’m at too. MacAllister had more of an impact in South America arguably and he’s not nailed many games down here.

And whilst I have a lot of respect for Tim Vickery, I don’t think it’s accurate to say things like “he’s as good as Kante” already. Considering this is Kante who’s won the Premier League with different teams and the World Cup? Seems quite a hyperbolic claim at this stage.

Kid has a lot to prove yet. Though he clearly has a lot of potential.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
I think this one is one for the future... dont expect him to go from the Ecuadorian league to playing in the Premier League this quickly. Probably going on loan or perhaps playing with the U23. As you say there are a lot of midfielders around.

Agree with all this, again. I don't quite get why posters haven't understood that our transfer policy is oriented around the long-term and that, just because we're after someone, it doesn't mean that someone else's departure is imminent.
That said, and having just wasted nine minutes of my life on a highlights reel, he looks very much like Bissouma, and I expect Bissouma to be off in the summer window for upwards of £30m. Any top six/eight club would want him, but United more than most. Despite all this, I'd expect Moder to be getting game time in our first team before Caicedo if he arrives -- which just re-emphasises the point about the long-term.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here