Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Moises Caicedo - New contract signed until summer 2027 with 1 year extra option.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Out of interest, IF we qualified for the Europa or Conference League what is it worth to the club?
Our best chance of qualifying is by keeping this squad together until the end of the season.
Not a lot. Tens of millions, or one leg and a bit of the torso of Yves Bissouma.

Whitechapel

Famous Last Words
Jul 19, 2014
Not in Whitechapel
A couple of people have already mentioned this but I do think the uncertainty of this season will work in our favour. I think at least one of the rich bastard clubs will miss out on CL this season so if you are a player why dive in now?

This works both ways too.

West Ham (Rice) & Southampton (Lavia) are circling the relegation zone. Both young midfielders who’ve been linked with the top 6.

Teams might not want to blow their entire budget on Caicedo now if they can get Rice for “only” £60m next season

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Group stage participation for the European Conference league is €2,940,000. A victory in the group pays €500k, a draw pays €166k. Group winners recieve €650k, runner up €325k.

Europa Leauge figures are a little higher €3.6m for group stage participation.

As for Premier League final standings, last season it worked out to be about £2.65m per place you finished. We finished 10th and recieved £127.9m in TV money etc, 7th place recieved $143.3m.

All in all, qualiying for European Conference could mean as much as £20m odd.
Interesting. I wonder what qualification for the conference league means in terms of additional commercial income? Probably not that much in comparison with what can be negotiated just for being in the Premier League. All adds up high and raises our profile a bit increase future earnings.

P.s. we finished 9th last year!

herecomesaregular

We're in the pipe, 5 by 5
Oct 27, 2008
Still in Brighton
Caciedo is the next kante.. they come around every 10 years and he's younger too.. this window I think only chelsea have enough money to buy him on an 8 and a half year contract.. 150 million plus colwill.
If we keep him until Summer.. man united and Liverpool will have new owners and will offer this too and it could be a very fun bidding war..
But they still have Kante? :unsure:

Mancgull

Nov 28, 2011
Astley, Manchester
Sounds like Winstanley trying to stir the pot, how unprofessional to make such comments, it’s amazing how people in high places act when they feel impervious.

I’m going to relish Chelsea crashing and burning so much.
Must be a tough job that. Head of recruitment at Chelsea at this moment. However, things go round and I expect it may be more difficult to shift a few of their players to balance the books.

Coldeanseagull

Opinionated
Mar 13, 2013
Coldean
Group stage participation for the European Conference league is €2,940,000. A victory in the group pays €500k, a draw pays €166k. Group winners recieve €650k, runner up €325k.

Europa Leauge figures are a little higher €3.6m for group stage participation.

As for Premier League final standings, last season it worked out to be about £2.65m per place you finished. We finished 10th and recieved £127.9m in TV money etc, 7th place recieved $143.3m.

All in all, qualiying for European Conference could mean as much as £20m odd.

Interesting. I wonder what qualification for the conference league means in terms of additional commercial income? Probably not that much in comparison with what can be negotiated just for being in the Premier League. All adds up high and raises our profile a bit increase future earnings.

Yeah, ninth. Have we been stiffed and is this how the FA cup money went missing?

Oh_aye

Jul 8, 2022
But in the mean time we need to sign his replacement!
Well, we are technically a player short there already at least after Mwepu two if you count Moder. It's only the never injuredness of mac and caicedo that's holding us together their. Thonk we need three good un's if they go in the summer.

Genuinely had a panic attack when Moises went down and stayed down after Henderson was an hour late on him against Liverpool.

Whoislloydy

May 2, 2016
Vancouver, British Columbia

Oops, my bad. I was reading from a very tiny table in a news article and mis-read the positionings.

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
Ok.

This is BS.

I checked and the "understands" comments comes from Ben's interview with Barber LAST WEEK.

It was a response to a general question about players moving on/wanting European football.

None of the rest of the Tweet stands up either. What a twat.

Last edited:

atomised

Mar 21, 2013
An excellent relationship with Brighton. 😂😂😂😂😂
that bit made me chuckle. I prefer the way we actually do business. Chelsea's is a ghastly model of operating in the public domain unsettling players and pushing against the limits of what should be allowable

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here